Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will reinstalling all my BF2 + Sf and the new large patch fix lag problems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will reinstalling all my BF2 + Sf and the new large patch fix lag problems?

Just started to get big lag problems in Bf2 and Sf is it worth reinstalling everyting. If i do the large patch is the only one I need, right? (1.2)

P-4 D541 (3.2G-64bit)
    Asus P5GD1 PRO
    X850pro
    2GB ram

Re: Will reinstalling all my BF2 + Sf and the new large patch fix lag problems?

Yep !

BF2 + SF + 1.2 (full version)

Comment

Reinstalling everything worked very well for me. Fps up to around 70-80. after patch and before reinstall they were down to about 20-30.

this is with both Sf and bf2 virgin

Comment

Looks like I'll have to do this later......

Comment

OK .... I uninstalled everything and started from scratch.

This fixed the jerkyness and lag, allowed things to load faster, the scope on my sniper rifle doesn't do weird things when I try to zoom in (like zoom back out), I don't get the random lost connection messages, and FPS are up.

I honestly believe that all these patches have slowly corrupted the files and caused the game to have major problems.

I unistalled both BF2 and SF.
          Defragged.
          Installed BF2.
          Defragged.
          Installed SF.
          Defragged.
          Installed full 1.2 patch.

Running great now.

Comment

i tried it all and i didnt work for sh@t
            I did the same exact thing as you including the defrags and it all failed in the end- i could however play on ALL the previous versions but as soon as i installed 1.2 i was f@cked.So as soon as somebody comes up with a real slution please post it here or any other forum on this site

Ati radeon 9250 128 mb agp >Intel p4 2.0>Win. Xp sp.2>768 mb

Comment

In your case, I think it has something to do with your video card. The patch hasn't seemed to be friendly to the 92xx series cards. Hopefully ATI does a driver update soon for y'all.

I'm using an X800 Pro and haven't had any real issues related to the card.

Comment

Day 2 after doing this. Still going well.

I would highly recommend you try it if:

a) you are getting jerky movement from yourself and other players
                b) strange weapon behavior. Like zooms hopping in and out .
                c) connection problems
                d) low framerate

NOTE : the low framerate which can also result in the jerky movement may be a result of the videocard as drunkenmunke mentioned above. It seems that ATI needs to update some drivers.

Other than that, mine is running far better than it was before all the patching and patching and repatching madness.

Comment

Working...
                X