Stuff they SHOULD have fixed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stuff they SHOULD have fixed.

Yeah....the patch. Buggy....works ok....didn't fix some stuff....broke other stuff. Like it or hate it...we are stuck with it for now.

BUT...I have something that I think SHOULD HAVE BEEN FIXED...but was never even addressed...and an idea that I wanted to get your opinions on.

1.) When I am the driver or gunner of a vehicle (boat/vodnik/humvee) and am facing LEFT....when I jump out of the vehicle FACING LEFT...suddenly I am looking at something on the RIGHT or straight ahead. MANY times I have rolled up on a guy shooting my vehicle and I want to jump out and cap his @$$...but when I jump out...I am on THE OTHER SIDE of the vehicle and it takes a minute to get yer bearings before you are blasted dead. And how many people have been killed by RIB when you leaped of the side, but it put you on the side that gets you squashed between an inflatable boat and a boat ramp...and you DIE? (Not whining....just wish that didn't happen)

2.) Since AA is so good...you can just blow it up with a plane or helicopter...right? But then it respawns in like 3 minutes. Since the AA has been GREATLY improved..why didn't they FORCE you to have to "fix" it...like say with an engineer? That would MAKE people have to work together...fixing the AA guns so that they don't get shredded by all the awesome pilots that have spent HOURS in the cockpit perfecting their skillz.

Thoughts? No flames.....please.

Re: Stuff they SHOULD have fixed.

And how many people have been killed by RIB when you leaped of the side, but it put you on the side that gets you squashed between an inflatable boat and a boat ramp...and you DIE?
    As to the first part of this number, I totally agree. I am constantly frustrated as to what, exactly, is the algorithm when leaving a vehicle.

But this hasn't happened to me since 1.12. Before 1.12 if a car was moving at all and you were near it you would die. It was really frustrating. . . but since that patch I have never had that issue.

Since AA is so good
    The AA isn't that good. The distance it locks was greatly reduced. Everyone is overreacting the to the changes. People don't like change. . . however, they will get used to it.

Maybe this would make sense if teammates didn't steal vehicles from engys when they got out to fix something or engys actually had a decent combat weapon so they could run around more. However, considering that neither of these will ever happen (and the fact that AA is not that overpowered), I don't think making them have to be fixed is a good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by BigHAZE
      That would MAKE people have to work together...fixing the AA guns so that they don't get shredded by all the awesome pilots that have spent HOURS in the cockpit perfecting their skillz.
      Why is it that just because some nerds waste away countless hours of their lives in one vehicle in one online game they should be rewarded? It's not an accomplishment to be proud of in the least. It's also no justification for them to have some uber supreme advantage above new-comers. This is a GAME, like it or not. It should be balanced and fun for everyone, not a select few.

Comment

Originally posted by downthesun
        Why is it that just because some nerds waste away countless hours of their lives in one vehicle in one online game they should be rewarded? It's not an accomplishment to be proud of in the least. It's also no justification for them to have some uber supreme advantage above new-comers. This is a GAME, like it or not. It should be balanced and fun for everyone, not a select few.
        I agree, it's the first time in a long time that I have been able to leave a base (9/10) without being constantly bombarded by someone just doing a big circle (bomb, reload, bomb, etc.). Sometimes it was ridiculous, especially when there were no planes available to fight against the opposing pilots.

Comment

Originally posted by evilzucchini
          Maybe this would make sense if teammates didn't steal vehicles from engys when they got out to fix something or engys actually had a decent combat weapon so they could run around more.
          The Jackhammer is a great close-quarters weapon. Sure you're not going to pick people off at long distance, but it works well for defending commander assets and flag caps.

Once I got that unlock it seems like the engy is much more playable. Rather than driving a vehicle, I try to be a gunner or passenger and hop out to do repairs when necessary. If you're teamed up with a good driver you can wreak a lot of havoc for a long time. Sure that requires teamwork which can be totally lacking on many servers. Even on a low teamwork server it seems like drivers will get the message when you follow them around repairing their vehicle a few times and after awhile they might wait for you and say 'hop in'.

Comment

Originally posted by BigHAZE
            Yeah....the patch. Buggy....works ok....didn't fix some stuff....broke other stuff. Like it or hate it...we are stuck with it for now.

BUT...I have something that I think SHOULD HAVE BEEN FIXED...but was never even addressed...and an idea that I wanted to get your opinions on.

1.) When I am the driver or gunner of a vehicle (boat/vodnik/humvee) and am facing LEFT....when I jump out of the vehicle FACING LEFT...suddenly I am looking at something on the RIGHT or straight ahead. MANY times I have rolled up on a guy shooting my vehicle and I want to jump out and cap his @$$...but when I jump out...I am on THE OTHER SIDE of the vehicle and it takes a minute to get yer bearings before you are blasted dead. And how many people have been killed by RIB when you leaped of the side, but it put you on the side that gets you squashed between an inflatable boat and a boat ramp...and you DIE? (Not whining....just wish that didn't happen)
            Absolutley agree; hope devs fix it on next patch

Comment

The Jackhammer is a great close-quarters weapon. Sure you're not going to pick people off at long distance, but it works well for defending commander assets and flag caps.
              I agree that it is good for defending, but I don't see how it can be used for capping. I have only found it effective when I can get a drop on someone. . .and that means hiding in the base and waiting for them. Running somewhere almost inevitbaly gets me killed.

As a commander I am ALWAYS engy and ALWAYS use the jackhammer. Considering the advantage I have (UAV and scan-and-spot), I can get the drop on any spec op who comes in and tries to punk my assests!

And, you are right, with teamwork (usually when I play with my friends) one will drive and one will engy.

But still, if it is the tank and you get out and run away to fix something, someone will almost inevitably steal your gunner spot. I guess with the APC, it isn't that big of a deal.

Comment

Originally posted by evilzucchini
                I agree that it is good for defending, but I don't see how it can be used for capping. I have only found it effective when I can get a drop on someone. . .and that means hiding in the base and waiting for them. Running somewhere almost inevitbaly gets me killed.

As a commander I am ALWAYS engy and ALWAYS use the jackhammer. Considering the advantage I have (UAV and scan-and-spot), I can get the drop on any spec op who comes in and tries to punk my assests!

And, you are right, with teamwork (usually when I play with my friends) one will drive and one will engy.

But still, if it is the tank and you get out and run away to fix something, someone will almost inevitably steal your gunner spot. I guess with the APC, it isn't that big of a deal.
                On most of the city type maps there are flags that work well for the Jackhammer. For example, the convoy on Ghost Town or the Hotel on Karkand. The caps that are wide open don't work at all. I stick to the ones that are closed off by buildings or terrain features. I'll cap and get the hell out to support a vehicle or commander assets.

Yeah if I'm driving a vehicle alone I've had more than a few times where someone stole it while wrenching. It happend to me on Ghost Town last week and ended up being my only death that round. I had an 18 kill streak going so I was ****ed at myself for not being more situationally aware.

I wish there was more teamwork on servers. It seems like there is little. I find rounds to be more enjoyable with a good commander and squad leaders giving orders to meet objectives. I always try to follow orders as much as possible. The game is more fun for me when I'm working on winning rather than worrying about points & kills. My crap stats definitely bear that out

Comment

I'm starting to wonder which is more true: the patch "ruined" everything for the ace jetjockeys, or if they just got too lazy and lost their edge due to not having real threats to worry about.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt_Havok
                    I'm starting to wonder which is more true: the patch "ruined" everything for the ace jetjockeys, or if they just got too lazy and lost their edge due to not having real threats to worry about.
                    From what I'm hearing (haven't played, I'm on the road ) the patch hasn't bothered the real aces at all. It has just weeded out the faux aces.

Personally I only disliked the AA against jets (never shot down a jet). I'd been relatively successful against choppers, particularly the BH. It only seemed underpowered if your team didn't have a good pilot to counter the opposition. That should still be the case. I'd guess that on most maps the winning team will be the one with air superiority. Without air superiority AA is somewhat pointless as the opposing pilot will just wipe it out first before doing combat support. With air superiority or at least stalemate, AA is much more of a factor. That was true on 1.12 and should be true now.

Comment

Working...
                    X