Crash to desktop when loading map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crash to desktop when loading map

'Kay, so I finally installed 1.2 (*much joy, parties, and celebrations* - in case you can't tell, I was pretty miffed at having to do 3 system restores, 12 uninstall/reinstalls, and 4 re-downloads of SF expansion). Anyways, it's all cracking, as the map loads, I feel great - I've spent hours getting it right.

It crashes to desktop as I finish connecting to the server. Even in single player it does this. I haven't a clue what's going on - it'd be great to get it working as my graphics are better than ever now!

Any ideas anyone? I'll eat a hat for someone if they can find a solution for me!

P.S: No "0mg j00 f4gg07, rtfm/search the forum" etc - I did, I've contacted EA too, and no joy. Thanks for anybody's help guys! (Or gals, if there are any here)

Re: Crash to desktop when loading map

Annoying hey. I'm the same. Finally get the patch to work, and now I can't play it at all. Mine crashes to desktop at about 50% while loading Geometries, single player also. No doubt people are just going to say uninstall/reinstall blah blah. Has anyone ever played a game that has had so much trouble installing patches? Also doesn't seem to be heat prob. Tried on first boot up, no joy.

In case it's a system thing. I have AMD 3500+, 512MB Ultra DDR 3200 RAM, Creative Audigy 2 ZS and Saphire X800 PCI-E GPU. All Vid and audio settings on low. Win XP Pro SP2.
    Luckily I'm a brand new father, and don't have enough time to play to therefor be pi$$ed off this don't work. Would be nice though for the spare odd minute........

Comment

Anybody? Anyone at all?

Comment

Somerville, if you're still here, I fixed my problem. Not too sure it will help you, but we had similar issues:
        Get more from your game with exclusive rewards, member-only content and access to a library of top titles with an EA Play membership.

Comment

Working...
        X