help playing bf2 on a laptop!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help playing bf2 on a laptop!

my buddy has a dell (i know i know) inspiron laptop, im tryin to find the specs, but from what i can tell it meets all the minimum reqs, but when we try to run in it does the logo screen, black window, then crashes to desktop. when i try to run it in a window, i get this error

assertion failed!
    version:1.1.2551.0 build date:2005-1101 11:37
    module:rendDX9
    File:c:\dice\projects\bf2\Code\BF2\RendDx9\RendDx9 Init.cpp
    line:510
    text: failed to create d3d device. unknown cause. Invalid call

ive browsed maybe an hour and a half on here, bf2s forums, and google, all i could turn up was this thread---->http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showt...oto=nextnewest, and none of that stuff helps and ive tried changing the refresh rate and every other possible solution, so im turning to you guys for help...any ideas?

Re: help playing bf2 on a laptop!

get a desktop

Comment

point him towards this forum

by the way many laptops can run games well. I have a Geforce 7800 in my laptop

Comment

when i first installed 1.2, everything lag badly.
        i uninstalled bf2 n sf, reinstalled bf2 n sf, installed the full 1.2 and update all drivers n bios. since then everything is fine.

i'm running bf2 on my dell inspiron 6000, x300 64mb, 1gb ram and pentium M 1.86ghz

hope this helps

Comment

I have a laptop with the same error. It's got an Intel chipset combined gfx card and is not able to play BF2 even though it's a directx9.0c card.

What type laptop has he?

Comment

ill find the specs at school, which is where im heading but i cant post there so ill come back and post his specs, he does have that intel chipset though. no patches installed, we tried patching last night, and it makes no difference, ill let you guys know

Comment

nvm
              fixed it
              called stealing your room mates cd key, cuz it wont run on his crappy laptop, and install on your other friends pc so he can play instead....
              ha ha ha ha
              thanks guys
              i seriously couldnt figure it out, tried uninstalling reinstalling bf2, and Direct X
              ill just let my other buddy use his cd key
              THANK YOU!!

Comment

Working...
              X