Ways to record BF2.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ways to record BF2.

I have programs that record video, but the fps drop like crazy while in game (like 2 fps seriously). I have a good, well, not bad, system (3300+, 1gig of ram, X800) and i have heard fraps is really good. I just can't find a place to get it.. if anyone knows of some...uhh..."methods" of obtaining it (for uh... nothing...) please let me know, because I want to make a few jet videos, but i cant do it with 2 fps!.... ok maybe not 2, but it is low.

And the servers i go to dont have battlerecorder enabled so that is out of the question. any other programs other than fraps?

Re: Ways to record BF2.

i'm not a pro at this, but any recording program needs to write the video files on ur harddrive, it has to lower ur fps. from my experience of using fraqs with HL games, it lowers the fps to unplayable numbers. so a better way is to record the demo, then use fraqs, etc.

Comment

Yeah but as you know, ded. wake doesnt have battlerecorder enabled due to performance

(so x0pht are you "pro 1.2" or "anti 1.2". lol)

Comment

Originally posted by metallicaguitrst
        Yeah but as you know, ded. wake doesnt have battlerecorder enabled due to performance

(so x0pht are you "pro 1.2" or "anti 1.2". lol)
        yea.. try to find a new server with BR. but i dont know how someone get those first person view videos, im a noob with BR and demo, can u switch to the first person view in the demos?

i havent tried the new patch yet lol

Comment

I use my MiniDV cam. Use the output on your videocard and put it into the input on your MiniDV. Does audio also.

No real frame rate hit on that.

Best way for me to get recordings without bad quality and still have the same frame rate as before.

And I'm pretty sure the 'other' methods you speak of, is illegal, and probably not allowed on these forums.

Comment

Well be smart and make sure you know your AA locations so you can just picture the map and know EXACTLY where each AA is, and you should try to be able to blow it up before you can even see it, and come from a high angle that no one expects (IE from the middle of nowhere in the water in wake, like north of north village and south of beach.)

hope i help you.

oh yeah, and dont go near the carrier... ha....

Comment

check PM

Comment

Oh cool dude i never thought of that. I just got one too, i'll have to test that out.

Luckly I have capture card in my computer.... and i have an external usb one too.. lol, I never thought of that though as obvious as it seems.. thanks.. lol

Comment

Hehe... this is a rotten thought and you've already got a viable solution, but I figured I'd tell ya about an amusing thing a buddy of mine used to do.

He's got a Tevo. He's got a videocard with TV out. He'd use a cloned output mode (sends video to both his screen and TV) and hit record on the Tevo. When done, he feeds the video back to his capture card. No frame hit at all.

I suppose you could do the same with a VHS or set-top DVD-R.

Comment

o.O what? is that a sort of secrets or something?

*EDIT* i meant Dark's PM.

Comment

Originally posted by -(PK)-DarkIllusion
                      check PM
                      I didnt get one from you (unless it was on a different name that had 3 posts total)

Comment

hehe i know wat darks pm is about..and 2 dark..HURRY UP AND GET ON MSN SO U CAN SEND IT 2 ME

Comment

Working...
                        X