1.03 was the best patch, no contest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.03 was the best patch, no contest

1.03... had no disadvantages whatsoever.

it connected to account server EVERY TIME IN LESS THAN A SECOND, and gave us the great new wake island map!

for many the only non urban map played, and in my opinion the best BF2 map, edging out karkand and mashtuur.

its my number 1 because its so colorful and neat, karkand was too bland and full of a bunch of cheap tactics, from tank camping to sniping to claymores. etc etc

also, 1.03 ran like a charm, better than it did before the patch by far, or after 1.12.

i could run the game as smoothly or smoother than i do now on LOWER settings with half the ram!

Re: 1.03 was the best patch, no contest

Great map? Wake is the most unbalanced map in the rotation - get a clue!

I will say you do have a point about smooth gameplay. The 1.12 patch really caused some video problems. 1.2 seems much better so far, and maps load time seems reduced as well.

Comment

yeah so far 1.2 has given me the best performance?

Comment

Originally posted by Darkfox3889
        Perhaps your processor is bottlenecking the unholy hell out of your GPU?

Comment

I also have better performance, and bettter overall performance in 1.2. Now i suggest you play 1.2 and get used to the goodness!

Comment

Originally posted by TooL
            Great map? Wake is the most unbalanced map in the rotation - get a clue!

I will say you do have a point about smooth gameplay. The 1.12 patch really caused some video problems. 1.2 seems much better so far, and maps load time seems reduced as well.
            actually, i played on the US side, and at least initially it was perfectly balanced, before tank whores screwed it up.

thats more of a problem with the game than the map.

to be frank, i like 1.2 changes, but havent noticed much loading time or smoothness change from 1.12.

however, it could be because im playing SF, which is supposedly a lot harder to run.

i HOPE 1.2 runs best.

Comment

ever seen SF, there has been more content for BF2 game to load, at first it's the second tier unlock (lag lag lag), now it's the all 7 euro pack weapons (lag, I say). I am surprised that they managed to keep the perfermence the same.

Comment

the no patch was the best, u could heli whore and get mad points.

Comment

Originally posted by bigpappa
                  the no patch was the best, u could heli whore and get mad points.
                  It doesn't surprise me that you say such evil. Not at all.

Quite frankly, I don't even remember as far back as 1.03, everything was the same in 1.12 anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by TooL
                    The 1.12 patch really caused some video problems.
                    Well, every time I got concussion I couldn't do anything because me screen screwed up incredibly badly (and I know what concussion is supposed to look like in the game, with this when I moved, the compass just smeared all over the screen).

So I have to agree that 1.03 was the best.

I keep getting disconnected for no forseeable reason now.

Comment

1.2 is the best so far imo.

Comment

I infact prefered 1.02, Although I did like the vehicle names that pop up and wake was nice. But the ranks were stupid and taking out bh whoring which is nothing compared to now but was a big hit, not letting more than 1 person in a vehicle take a flag. Now I do prefer it.

I guess we have to get used to patches, but god damn does it **** me off when they change them so much each time you have to adjust every ****ing time.

Comment

Originally posted by Daz
                          I guess we have to get used to patches, but god damn does it **** me off when they change them so much each time you have to adjust every ****ing time.
                          That is kind of where I stand...I was happy with the game...i was fine with it before this patch...and now I have to relearn to play...ya it has some good things, but I've seen more bugs, more lag, and more crashes since the patch. AA is funny cause its too good...and...ya...i dont mind patchs...I just am tired of always having to adjust playing because one person wants it this way, another wants it that way...

Comment

I think the topic creator forgot the sense of outrage and whines that existed in this forum when the 1.03 was released. The reaction of 1.2 by the vocal minority is same as it was before, except with little twist and turns.

As for the connecting to the account server, it is not 1.2's fault. Ironically, the fault goes to 1.03 since it introduced the "Favorite server" bookmark. Since 1.03, when you login and try to connect to the account server, the game unloads every bookmarked servers before you are logged in to the menu screen which takes time; The more bookmarked servers, the more time it takes.

It's been about 2-3 months since 1.03 was released, and if you haven't cleared or organized your "favorite servers" list, you are bound to accumulate several bookmarked servers.

Clear these bookmark servers and you'll see a significant difference in the time it takes to login. There's another method of clearing these servers and making sure BF2 can never add in servers to the favorite list, but I'm not the computer that has BF2. I believe you were to go into the general.con file in your profile; Delete the list of the servers, and mark the file "Read-Only."

Comment

Originally posted by Darkfox3889
                              By using more Ram ?

Comment

Working...
                              X