Patch: Now ya see it, now ya don't

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patch: Now ya see it, now ya don't

Hopped onto the EA web site this morning and started a download of the 1.2 patch that was incremental if you had the 1.12 patch. As it was a 2.5 hour download, went to work and came home at lunch to run the patch. When I got home the creen was prompting me to run it. I did and it finished. Went into the game and the game was still 1.12. Did a PC restart and same same GI. Went into my game program and reviewed the patch log and only the 1.12 patch is there. No clue where that download went, but somewhere other than my game. I have never changed any file names.

Ok, must be bad PC karma on my part so I went back to the EA download section both at lunch as well as 10 minutes ago and keep getting either "busy or could not find" web page errors.

Anyone else out there experience the vanishing patch or EA connection issues? Any recommendations of where I can get the 1.2 patch without signing up for spam? Should I play it safe and download the big patch or try the incremental again?

Thanks.

Re: Patch: Now ya see it, now ya don't

Have you played the game and looked for differences?

Comment

I have seen the new differences but my BF2 still says ver. 1.12 and cant unlock the new weapons even though i have all the previous unlocks i.e M95

Comment

Originally posted by Firestarter
        I have seen the new differences but my BF2 still says ver. 1.12 and cant unlock the new weapons even though i have all the previous unlocks i.e M95
        You have to patch so dont sweat. At the main screen it says something like 1.1.2 and then a bunch of numbers, but those numbers are different from the 1.12 version. And for the unlocks well, you gotta have sf if you want some, im pretty sure.

Comment

Thanks Guys. I went in and tried out the AA and sure enough. Just assumed the game version would change to 1.2

I have SF loaded, but assume I do not getting any unlocks as I have not reached Sgt yet.

Comment

Version shown for me:
            1.12 patch = 1.1.2554-356.0
            1.2 patch = 1.1.2696-528.0

Comment

^ yes, alot of people are being confused by that.

Comment

Working...
              X