Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Serious thoughts on the state of AA, past and present

Originally posted by IRWolfy
    In my first game after loading the patch, some guy was laughing about how he got 6 kills by firing 4 AA missles at nothing.

I think the AA is far worse off now then it was before. The lock on for jets is especially ridiculous. Flaring is useless and even the best maneuvers will get you slaughtered.

I dont really have as much a promblem with mounted AA as a I do with jet lock ons. At least the helis can deal with the mounted stuff. Right now youre basically screwed if a jet is smart and locking onto your heli.

This is really annoying to me since I am relatively close to getting my Expert Heli Badge. I'm just glad I got my counterstrike to fall back on.
    Well then there has to be another way. But to be honest, the last 6 months of guys flying low, and low speed patterns over the battlefield, only to rape and pilliage for upwards of 100-150 points.....and get shot down say... ONCE by aa or anything for that matter, speaks VOLUMES on how rediculous it was pre 1.2 patch. As a groundpounder .......i welcome this AA change. It certainly allows more people to have fun, versus the minority. Besides as a pilot, (im not one) i would think you would go and do pilot things, not sit around at a flag collecting kill points. Thats lame anways.
    And to be honest its the do nothing but get points pilots whinning. The actual self thought as, pilots, are actually enjoying this. Its sorting out the wannabees with the, really ares.

Comment

Re: Serious thoughts on the state of AA, past and present

Originally posted by {WP}Paas
      ...then again. I want you to show me records of when a Pilot was able to avoid a Radar Locked missile by simply banking with flaring; putting somthing between them, or ejecting. Seeing as all of the missiles in this game Appear to be Radar Guided.

{WP}Paas
      I'm not making the realism statements Huz is.

Comment

Working...
      X