Dont Install 1.2 Patch -yet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dont Install 1.2 Patch -yet

hey everyone is having problems with the 1.2 patch, and I mean EVERYONE!

every messageboard about bf2 is humming with these problems. I have downloaded the patch, but i havent installed it yet, because apparently it dont work for most people.

2 Friends of mine just built 2 custom pcs and i tried to put the game onto their cpus. i tried it and it didnt work, thank god i didnt do it on mine yet.

recommendation- download the patch then check your settings, make sure all your profile data is up to date and not modified, then install. OR install a fresh version then patch it. this seems like the best thing to do, in another forum 4 people tried it this way and they seemed to have no problems. this worked perfectly for me also on BOTH of my roomates computers.

1. uninstall game (dont worry you wont lose your stats, they are saved on an EA server, also remember your login name (gamertag) and password!!
    2. reinstall game
    3. install 1.02 patch
    4. install 1.12 patch
    5. install 1.20 patch
    6. hold your breath and hope it works!

ANOTHER PIECE OF ADVICE.....

in the elu.rs file (its incl in the patch), it says clearly: BEFORE INSTALLING THIS PATCH MAKE SURE YOUR OVERALL SETTINGS ARE SET TO LOW

therefore before you install the patch, make sure all your video/audio settings are to low, then install the patch, then go back to where you were (graphics levels). i hope this works but i highly suspect it may not

or......

if the problem persists, EA will come out with a patch fix- mabye 1.21 will be coming sooner than expected

have a nice day!

mackdiesel

Re: Dont Install 1.2 Patch -yet

Originally posted by MACKDIESEL
    Not everyone. I haven't had better rounds of BF2 in ages.

Comment

My clanmates (15 dudes) and I have not seen any installing problem with the patch 1.2

so "everyone" is a little bit exaggerated

Comment

ok mabye not everyone so lets compromise- mabye A lot?

hehe sorry, but you know what i meant

Comment

I always do the following

uninstall
          run registry mechanic
          Disk Cleanup
          Adaware
          Disk defrag
          reboot

then reinstall and repatch... Never have any problems

Comment

I DID the following:

Uninstall
            Instal bf2
            Install Special forces
            Update via PunkBuster
            Install New Direct X
            Defrag.
            Install new patch.
            Defrag.

Run other cleaning programs.

Comment

Sorry but anyone that suggests to reinstall all the patches, including patch 1.02 doesn't appear to know a whole lot about BF2 and it's wonderful patches.

Even 'a lot' is way too much. This fourm has about 30 at most which isn't much compared to the 16000 playing 1.2 as I speak.

Comment

Definitly not everyone. My BF2 is working better than ever.

Comment

I had problems when I first installed, it loaded up the splash screen then went back to desktop. I reinstalled, patched again and it was fine. If you intend to do this make sure you save your controls so you don't have to do them again. There was a massive performance increase went from no AA to xAA. Good work EA I say!

Comment

i hate EA now.... this patch dint worked for me :cry:
                    i have reinstaled like 5 times and cant get the patch work!!!! :cry: :cry:

Comment

why the hell do we need to put our settings at low? that is so stupid...

also, I have 1.12, and I dont wanna reinstall, should i get incremental or full?

Comment

I had similar problems yesterday when I tried the incremental patch. It would only let me get to half way where it was attempting to optimize shaders and then quit back to the desktop. Tried several times to load the game and then I reset video settings back to default. That didn't work either.

So I uninstalled BF2 and SF then re-installed BF2 and tested it. Played ok of course, but just to make sure it wasn't something else. Then changed to my usual video settings. That worked. So I went ahead and installed the full patch from a fresh install of BF2 and its working nice now.

I kinda figured I would have problems with the incremental patch, so I downloaded both before I did anything.

System Specs
                        AMD 64 3200+ 1MB L2 cache
                        1GB RAM
                        x850xt stock settings
                        120GB hdd sata

I play everything on high except for textures and texture filtering, 6x AA and1280x1024 resolution.

Comment

2. reinstall game
                          3. install 1.02 patch
                          4. install 1.12 patch
                          5. install 1.20 patch
                          This is wrong.
                          If you completely uninstall and reinstall BF2 all you need to use is the FULL 1.2 patch, not the previous ones then the incremental one. Read around a bit before you post authoritive instructions like this please.

Comment

make sure all your profile data is up to date and not modified
                            What exactly does this mean? What does your profile data have to do with with installing a patch?

BEFORE INSTALLING THIS PATCH MAKE SURE YOUR OVERALL SETTINGS ARE SET TO LOW
                            Huh? If EA wanted you do put your "overall" settings to "low" they can drop a config file in there forcing it.

I'm sorry but this is one of the lamest attempts to "help" people who have problems installing a patch. People should avoid your advice.

Comment

full, as incremental
                              is from 1.12 > 1.2

Comment

Working...
                              X