Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Red/Blue tag bug still present after patch!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red/Blue tag bug still present after patch!

On one of the first few servers I played on after installing the 1.2 patch I encountered the dreaded Red/Blue nametag bug. I am posting this in hopes of giving more clues as to what is causing it. The details of this occurrence are:

1. On the Clan [GI* Joe] BF2 Ranked Server 2 (fun server BTW,thx Joes!).
    2. Server is or was at the time a full 40 person max configuration on Warlord, but the map was the 32 person version.
    3. I was on the British team. An Insurgent showed up in the British list of players and he had a blue nametag. He also had the most points of anyone on the British side. I don't know if he had more points than anyone on his team though. I encountered this problem about 3/4 of the way into the match.

My PC has the following config:

-> Athlon XP 2800+
    -> Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB - Driver version is 6.14.0010.6587 with Catalyst Control Center installed
    -> 1.5 GB OCZ PC3200
    -> 2 week old XP Home installation with all Windows updates installed except for ones released today

D

Re: Red/Blue tag bug still present after patch!

has nothing to do with ur specs its in-game problem, had the problem too, but u actually get a TK score if u kill an enemy with a blue tag

Comment

Funny, I also found that same bug same that same server?
      I kept killing these red tag players.
      Just started to play Special Forces and I'm not used to uniforms.
      I got booted.

Comment

Yup, Red Tag Bug is worse than ever. Thank EA, nice fix.

Comment

Actually, I have only seen the red name tag bug once since the patch. Thought they did a pretty good fix on it, actually.

Comment

I was a victim of this in my very first game after the patch!

As a programmer myself, I cannot understand how after, is it 4 patches now, this problem has not been fixed. Friggen ridiculous.

Comment

Well for me I was a insurgent but had sas weapons and spawn points

Comment

It seems worse to me. I have seen it twice already in two days of playing which is much more prevalent than prior to the patch. It could be coincidence...

Claydough: when I notice it, the player is in enemy uniform and with a red tag but is showing on our team roster and therefore when you shoot him/her they cost you a TK. Not sure if this is the same situation that others experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Colinloves
                  Yup, Red Tag Bug is worse than ever. Thank EA, nice fix.
                  How many times does it need to be said before people get it? EA DO NOT CODE BF2!

Comment

Originally posted by DeadMeat_03
                    when I notice it, the player is in enemy uniform and with a red tag but is showing on our team roster and therefore when you shoot him/her they cost you a TK. Not sure if this is the same situation that others experience.
                    It's more fun when not only are they red, but they also show up on the other teams roster too!

The first time I ran into this bug, as I shot at the poor fellow on my team one of my teammates ran past, since I only grazed him, the game told me not to damage my teammates. I was thinking that I accedentaly hit the guy running by... so I killed the one I was after, and I got hit for a teamkill. Confused, I checked the team roster and he was indeed listed on the other team. AND, he kept showing up red for me. After I killed him twice more, he of course, tried to get me kicked for team killing...wow was I confused!

And yes, this problem does seem to happen more now with the new patch. Hoooooooooooray.

Comment

I just got done playing and I killed one that had a red tag, was listed on the other team, didn't show that it was a team kill but I still had minus points for it. My buddy who was on my squad said the guy showed up to him as blue.

Comment

I'm very angry. Not only has Euro Force been delayed AGAIN, but I experienced the non-fixedness of the red/blue bug today. Have they acknowledged that they know about this yet? Not that it matters.

Comment

I only have seen it on one specific map so far, but it is still there...a little annoying when you get a nice kill on a red dude only to find out he then punishes you for it...LOL

Comment

The problem I have now is Enemy guys showing up in their uniforms with blue tags, killing them, and getting a Punish for it.

You would think it was my teammates showing up in wrong uniform. But when the commander of the OTHER team is showing up as BLUE and you can see not ONE but TWO commander stars on the map screen. Well..

It's funny in a way to see (CMNDR teamkills TEAMMATE) when he's dropping arty throughout the entire game, I mean we see that anyways, but no-one lets the commander continually drop arty on their team en masse. And I wasn't actively hunting the commander of the other side, but whenever I would come across him, as he was a "playing" commander, and kill him. I would be punished.

Great way to address the red-bug EA.

Comment

Working...
                            X