Crash to Desktop starts up, Debug message appears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crash to Desktop starts up, Debug message appears

I first downloaded the incremental patch from act of war.de .. installed it. It worked fine, Except i couldnt join games becasue of "unmodified content". Singleplayer worked fine.

So i decided to uninstall the game and reinstall it and patch it with the full patch. When its finished, i click it, flashed the black.. then went back to desktop. So i try upgrading my The ati catylist and drivers. Restarted and tried again. Same thing happened.Then i decided to set it to fullscreen 0. When i did this, it gave me an error message instead of flashing back to desktop.

I have downloaded the full version from TWO different sites. I installed the game TWICE. It still gives me that error.

Any suggestions? [Scroll down a couple posts to find EA's answer]

Re: Crash to Desktop starts up, Debug message appears

man I hate it, had similar probs and applied so many things to fix it, cant tell you what helped

I am so sick of bf2 and its problems

Comment

Well i think im about to a reinstall of my drivers with driver cleaner pro.

Comment

Update: Tried a fresh reinstall of drivers. Did not work. I've tried everything for this issue and nothing is working.
        Fresh reinstall of direct X?
        Perhaps. But i give up for today..

Comment

Same thing is happening here, can't get it to work. HELP

Comment

ALRIGHT this is how i fixed mine

I tried one more time to reinstall the game. This time, i deleted EVERYTHING relating to BF2 via add and remove programs. that means, Bf2 editor, Bf2:SF, bf2. Then i went into the program files/ea games and DELETED THE ENTIRE BF2 folder if it was not already deleted (same with the my documents one). Then i reinstalled bf2 all over again, restarted, then installed the full patch.

Try that, if that does not work, then send in a support ticket to EA customer support (I fixed my game before they responded, so lets see what they say anyways).

Comment

This was EA's response. Even though i fixed my problem, this information might come in handy for anyone who is having the same problems as i did.

Response (Leo V.) 02/16/2006 01:57 AM
              Hi,

Thanks for writing us at EA Technical Support. I understand that you are currently having issues with playing Battlefield 2 because after the patch it no longer runs.

I checked your attached file and saw the cause of this issue. This is caused by corrupted files installed during the patch. To fix this, we will need to manually remove the game and its components.

If you only have Battlefield 2 installed, please click on this link:

If you have Special Forces as well, click here:

Then empty your temp files. Remnants of an installation or patch are stored by Windows as temporary files, which can prevent the re-installation or starting of that program. These temporary files are normally created to temporarily store information in order to free memory for other purposes, or to act as a safety net to prevent data loss when a program performs certain functions. These temporary files however can trick the games installation program into thinking that the game is already installed, or that a patch is installed when the patch has not been applied properly. Because this can cause complication, it becomes necessary to delete these useless remnants to give your system a clean state prior to launching or installing a piece of software.

First you will need to delete the standard Windows temporary files:

1. Click on the "Start" button.
              2. Click "Run".
              3. Type "temp" into the available text field and click "OK".
              4. Click on one of the files in the folder that just opened, and press "Ctrl" and "A" to select all of the files in this folder.
              5. Press the "Delete" key on your keyboard. When prompted if you are sure, choose "Yes" to all.

Next you will need to delete your specific logins temporary files:

1. Click on the "Start" button.
              2. Click "Run".
              3. Type "C:\Documents and Settings\<Insert login name here>\Local Settings\Temp" in the available text field and click "OK".

Note: Be sure to specify your Windows login without the greater than/less than symbols, in the bolded area above.

4. Click on one of the files in the folder that just opened, and press "Ctrl" and "A" to select all of the files in this folder.
              5. Press the "Delete" key on your keyboard. When prompted if you are sure, choose "Yes" to all.

And try to create a new admin account. If you would like to make a new Administrator account, you can do this in the User Accounts interface.

1. Click on "Start".
              2. Click on "Control Panel".
              3. Locate the small Control Panel sub-window at the top left of the window.
              4. If it says "Switch to Category View", you are in the correct viewing mode. If it says "Switch to Classic View", click on the text to switch to the correct view.
              5. Double-click on the "User Accounts" icon.
              6. Click on the "Add" button.
              7. Choose a user name and password.
              8. Make sure to give the account full Administrator abilities.

Once the account is created, you will be able to restart and log in with the new Administrator account. Then from here, install the game in this order;

• Battlefield 2
              • Special Forces
              • And install the latest patch from the official website

Make sure to download the full version (357 mb) to avoid file conflicts.

Should you require further assistance with this game or other Electronic Arts games in the future, please visit our website and review our extensive Self Help knowledgebase at (http:support.ea.com).

Leo
              EA Technical Support

Comment

How do I get a replacement CD? Let's answer the question on this thread so I can kill two birds with one stone by bookmarking it, please?

Edit: SOMEONE STICKY THIS FRICKIN THREAD, IT TOOK ME A LONG TIME TO FIND IT AND IT WORKS!

Comment

What we need is a sticky thread simmilar to this.. just troubleshooting information. Most people dont know that doing a full uninstall then reinstall like i did or what ea said, works. Or you can have a thread that you can post your ea support responses in. That will help figure out the basic problem quicker than registering then waiting 24 hours for a response.

Just a suggestion, but anyways.. try a full uninstall then reinstall when something goes wrong first. Something might just be corrupt or left behind.

Comment

Working...
                  X