has anyone found a solution? ? ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• has anyone found a solution? ? ?

i know some people have been having the same problem, when i patched to 1.2 and then clicked on bf2 it went to the black screen like it always does before it goes to the intro vid etc. but now it goes to fullblack screen and shuts down, has anyone found a solution?!

Re: has anyone found a solution? ? ?

when you right click properties the BF2 shortcut, put +fullscreen 1 to 0 so its like
    "F:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 0
    and then load it up.
    See if it gives you an error message.

Comment

Hmm, I tried that and in the upper right corner of the window it said 1.1.2### (bunch of numbers) not 1.2 like I would expect. Maybe patch installation error? Cause it installed flawlessly for me.

Comment

I had the same problem. I renamed my "Battlefield 2" folder in my documents to "battlefield 2.old" and know it works fine. Go figure. I tried to swap my old profile forder back into it, and it would crash again. So its all fixed. knock of wood.

Comment

dont waorry..the 1.1.2 means nothing...i think...its always been there...i think...i think u will have to reinstall bf2 since u cant apply the patch when u have BF2 renamed to something else...(i reinstalled without changing any of the names and it worked for me)

Comment

I tried the fullscreen to 0 all i got was a small screen with the same problem LOL

I have looked on 4 different bf2 forums sites. This problem is all over.

One thing for certain the sheat has hit the fan for ea. And its not just this black screen game wont load problem there are tons of people out there having problems. People in general are fed up with ea's 1/2 assed approach to supporting thier product and upgrades.

And for the ones that could load it there are a bunch of people ****ed off and there are a few left wing liberals that still think its a wonderful life LOL

Comment

nothing is working it still crashes to the desktop

Comment

Had you a ***** crack or renamed bf2exe file?

Have you tried reinstalling everything?

Comment

Yup. I've uninstalled EVERYTHING EA RELATED - inc. downloader, and removed EA folder from Registry AND anything to do with BF2. Downloading SF and 1.2 patch as we speak.

Something interesting to note here..

When I went to registry (Start > Run > regedit) there was an entry called "My company name", under which was "Battlefield 2 1.2 patch" or something.. Maybe deleting this before attempting reinstall could help? I did it after my uninstall, and I shall let you all know what happens when I've spent a large proportion of my life redownloading SF and the 1.2 patch.

EA, pull your ****ing finger out of your *******, and do something.

Edit: If I find a solution before EA do, I will eat my hat, and video it for everyone.

Comment

ARGHHHH!!!!111one

Why the hell!?! DAMN EA TO HELL.

Firstly, I tried installing 1.2 via EA Downloader, and I get a fat error saying that it can't find the patch (?)

Thinking "Is this thing on crack?", I navigate to the EA Downloader folder, and find the damn patch. I try to install it from here, and get "Patching Failed"!!!

What the **** is wrong with EA? Those of us who can use the patch complain, and, it seems, the majority of us CAN'T USE THE ****ING THING!!!!!!

Stick with EA? Maybe I should go back to Novalogic and Joint Operations - at least it bloody works (and looks like it's been tested).

Comment

Working...
                    X