Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After Patch 1.2 applied successfully, selecting unlock = CTD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After Patch 1.2 applied successfully, selecting unlock = CTD?

Hi all,

Here is my installation order:

1. BF2 Vanilla
    2. SF's
    3. 1.2 Full install (367 mb version)

After I start BF2, I get the unlock drumroll and can choose to unlock the new sniper rifle or the p90, but when I choose "select unlock" on either weapon, it immediately CTD. I have not tried playing a round first and then unlocking, but thought i would start a thread in case anyone else experienced the same problem.

This would be shi##y if I couldn't select the new weapons...

Thanks,

PEENkiller

Re: After Patch 1.2 applied successfully, selecting unlock = CTD?

I installed:

vanilla
    sf
    1.1 (dont ask me why this order worked only)
    1.2 incremental

servers are all red (and were before 1.2 which is why i got the patch)

i have one unlock unused but only the vanilla weapons are chosable (i have the m95 and a few others)

Comment

Originally posted by Tenshi
      I installed:

vanilla
      sf
      1.1 (dont ask me why this order worked only)
      1.2 incremental

servers are all red (and were before 1.2 which is why i got the patch)

i have one unlock unused but only the vanilla weapons are chosable (i have the m95 and a few others)
      Well it turns out that even though I was CTDing when i would choose "select unlock," it was actually unlocking them, because I returned to the game and it showed me having them available to use! No more CTD's but I'm disappointed that c4 can no longer be thrown as I used to c4 those spawnraping buggers on Karkand by throwing them over the fence to the West.....

And Tenshi, the 1.1 patch is applied automatically by installing SF so I'm not sure how you applied it twice and since you didn't upgrade to 1.12, the incremental patch is moot. The full patch covers all bases I believe, so if you're still having problems, it seems my setup was correct and the CTD's were probably driver related (I have an ATI x850 xt with catalyst 6.2).

Comment

I cant remember the exact situation.

I installed sf onto the updated version of bf2.Kept getting the content error.

mates told me that they had installed the one the patch before sf (in confused now cos theres two patches). So i uninstalled and reinstalled.

I cant remember at all now.

My head hurts.

Comment

Working...
        X