Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PLEASE HELP!!! I'm still getting the Unmodified game msg.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLEASE HELP!!! I'm still getting the Unmodified game msg.

I'm still getting the game message This server only allows players with unmodified content to join. revert your version of BF to the current offical version to join" wtf if up i've had to reninstall 3 times becasue they are not working. I have tried the 1.120-1.2 patch and the full. Can someone please help me out.

I have the same message, i patched the game fine, played for about an hour then quit the game. Now when i go to joina server it lets me load the map etc. then dumps me back on the server select menu thing, with the same message.

try unchecking the 'same version only' box in the filters then apply the filters and search for new servers. You should (or i did) get a load of servers that are iether red or white. I found that i can go on the white ones but not the red. Hope it works for you.

Comment

Re: PLEASE HELP!!! I'm still getting the Unmodified game msg.

Originally posted by mark128
      try unchecking the 'same version only' box in the filters then apply the filters and search for new servers. You should (or i did) get a load of servers that are iether red or white. I found that i can go on the white ones but not the red. Hope it works for you.
      The red ones mean its a diffrent version and the white ones mean they are running the version you have.

Comment

I'm having the same problem. Infact I uninstalled bf2 then reinstalled and used the 300mb full patch. I'm pretty annoyed now.

Comment

*uninstall gamespy, sf then bf2
          *delete files & folders (my docs & program files)
          *reboot
          *install bf2, sf, etc. then finally, the latest FULL patch (not the incremental one)
          *update punkbuster (http://www.evenbalance.com/downloads/pbweb.exe don't use the new one... i always get errors with it)

*defrag

everything should take about an hour.

if i were you, i'd try to download that file above first, put in your PB directory and then run it. try to join a ranked server and if it doesn't fix your problem, a reinstall should do the trick.

Comment

Thanks, I'll tell you how that works out in a couple of hours.

Comment

Delete the Bf2 registry entries with the BF2 registry cleaner.

-Ben

Comment

Originally posted by uncle_adolph

-Ben
                Can you do this after you've installed everything or will this screw it up?

Comment

I have this aswell!!! and im ****ed offfFF!!!!!

Originally posted by uncle_adolph

-Ben
                  Where can i get the BF2 registry cleaner?

Comment

i have the problem agian. DAMN this is annoying

did the rienstalling everything work?

Comment

W00t i fixed my game!!!!!!!1111one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did this,

1. uninstall bf2
                      2. reboot
                      3. rename the BF2 folder aswell as delete the profiles in my documents
                      4. run registry mechanic
                      5. reboot
                      6. install bf2
                      7. install latest patch.

****ing YESS:ar15: :ar15: :ar15: :yay: :yay: :yay: !!!!:rock: :rock: :rock:

Comment

I had the error, but only on some servers. We have 3 servers, 2 of them updated fine and I was able to play them but the third one kept kicking everyone for unmodified content. So we had the server reloaded. We didn't all uninstall our games, lol.

Comment

well i had it on all ranked servers, so there was clearly a problem with my BF2 install.

Comment

Oh god, it started doing it to me! I've tried 3 servers and all of them did it. I hope I don't have to re-install... will go try a few other servers first.

Comment

Me too, and I did a re-install when the patch came out aswell! The incremental one screwed BF2 and it wouldn't load. This is ridiculous.

Comment

Working...
                              X