1.2 Patching failed? :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.2 Patching failed? :(

Is anyone having trouble with incremental installer?

1st try failed (got "Patching failed" error message).

I removed everything, and made a full and clean installation of BF2 and BF2:SF. Patched it to 1.12, then started 1.2 incremental patch. However, I got "Patching failed" error again.

The only "unusual" thing about the system is the fact my system parition is F:, not C: (don't ask - Windows did it by itself, and it always think it knows what's best for me).

Anyone else had trouble?

Re: 1.2 Patching failed?

I'm downloading from another location. I also had that problem with the first attempt though.

Comment

It's highly likely that it's a broken download guys

I only succeeded getting it patched up after the fourth try at downloading it

So I'd try downloading from another location before panicking ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Panic.fo
        It's highly likely that it's a broken download guys

I only succeeded getting it patched up after the fourth try at downloading it

So I'd try downloading from another location before panicking ^^
        The same patch (same downloaded file) worked ok on 3 machines, while fails on this 1 all the time.

So... no, I don't think it's download problem

Comment

Time to Panic then..

Comment

When trying to install the new patch v1.2 i'm getting this message and error...
            cdkey manglerfailed with c:docume~1\robert~1\locals~1\temp
            \{72b3127e-a0c4-43f5-ba39-212d7e20d39e}\{f317e784-f31c-4f26-a2610-2d7bd89fec5f}\bfscdkeycheck.exe\

Comment

Originally posted by [SAJ]Sentinel
              The same patch (same downloaded file) worked ok on 3 machines, while fails on this 1 all the time.

So... no, I don't think it's download problem
              Exact same copy or from the same place? Remember that corrupted files may be a sign of bad memory or harddrive.

Comment

If you want to check the file is a perfect down, the MD5 for it is: 911346a42dea3813b60bd12eef8235c1

Comment

what is md 5 and also i reinstalled bf2 last night, and got same message again, and also v1.12 worked fine intalling..

Comment

MD5 is a certain hash function. Its basically a mathematical function that puts the binary value of a file through an algorithm and outputs a series of numbers that have very few collisions. Its more or less a digital fingerprint. If you have the MD5 value of a file you can make sure that it hasn't been altered in any way. If you just look at the filesize you can't be certain that the code is the same.

Comment

Working...
                    X