1.2 Patch, What Do You Think of It?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.2 Patch, What Do You Think of It?

1.2 Patch is out and i'm the 30th downloader.

What do you think of it? Are bouncing nades bad? Useful on Karkand around corners but, not when you recieve them.

Download now HERE

Re: 1.2 Patch, What Do You Think of It?

I'll download it, but is it downloadable of xfire yet, because everytime I download from the net it times out, unless I use a downloader.

if you don't install this, can I still play on the old patch servers and get points for my account?

Comment

I'm waiting for the official release, so this is all speculation on my part.

G3/L85 improvements: VERY GOOD. Both weapons were in need of a buff. The G3A3, though fun to use, was too inaccurate to make it worth using. Now that it's more accurate than the AKs and F2000, the G3 has a legitimate niche in infantry combat. I don't use the L85 much because the little time I spent with it was really disappointing. The weapon will probably still suck, but improved damage is better than nothing.

Better sniper rifles: Mixed bag. Sniper rifles were almost laughably inaccurate before 1.2 (excluding the M24), but the truth of the matter is they still outperformed other rifles at medium-long range. Intelligent players could work around this by just sneaking up to snipers and engaging at close ranges, so snipers were still ineffective a lot of the time. I'm wondering if the new rifles will be overpowered, but I'll hold my judgment for now.

Better LMGs: Mixed bag (mostly good). Better accuracy, compensated by higher maximum deviation added per shot = very good. The LMGs were in definite need of an accuracy increase, but making LMGs more accurate than rifles? Questionable.

Better SMGs: Good. The SMGs before 1.2 were a joke. If you got a kill with them, it was because you were lucky or your target had no health. The new SMGs have a minimum deviation of 0.6, a bit worse than the old G3's deviation. Anyway, the SMGs are better, not much better, but maybe enough to make a difference.

Better AA: Mixed bag (mostly bad). Rumors have it that a locked AA missile never misses. Now I'm all for a buff in AA missiles, but isn't that overkill? I want AA missiles to be able to kill aircraft, but not render them helpless.

Nerfed choppers: Very bad. Choppers were powerhouses before 1.2, but they weren't invincible. The improved AA alone would be enough to balance out any unfair advantage choppers had. They didn't need to nerf hitpoints and rocket payload too.

Comment

Plus, visible UAV.

The Sir. Community are going to test it's surfability and other things tonight on the server.
        Get the TS IP etc here: http://www.sirwiki.elxx.net/polaris/phpnuke/index.php

Also if you have any mirrors, please post them thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X