n00b admins kicking me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• n00b admins kicking me

Ok what the hell is up with this crap. I have gotten kicked from so many servers for high ping but here's the problem: most of the time I'm not even in the servers when i get kicked. Seriously, i have waited while a map loads and sometimes just whe the join game button pops up i get a message saying i was kicked and i didn't even get into the damn game. Also, lots of times in the first 5 minutes or so i have a high ping and this happens almost every round i play, i don't know why its just the way it is. Often times i take 2 or 3 steps before getting kicked. Sometimes i get kicked for having a high ping when its not affecting anything. Many times I won't even be lagging or anything and the game is running perfectly but all of a sudden i get kicked for ping. What the hell is up with this? They should give some time before kicking for ping and given time they should kick if its affecting something, not just looking at the damn number and assuming crap. Well, at least they don't kick for having a bad kills:deaths ratio.

Of course i get kicked on a server for a high ping that isn't hurting anyone (seriously the server was smooth and i'm sure if i was causing other problems i'd experience them) but it's ok for a guy who has both Aryan and 88 in his name to stay (Aryan is Hitler's master race and 88 is a number neo-nazis often use for stuff. I don't know why but they use it)

Re: n00b admins kicking me

Server admins don't generally kick for High Ping, it is a setting in the BF2cc. On our Server I have it set at 170, but i still see plenty of people getting kicked for high ping. Why not try a server in your part of the world?

T

PS - nice avatar

Comment

I get kicked from servers that are from all over the place. On SF I also have unusually high ping...averaging around 150 in every map. On regular BF2 I can have it as low as 4 to as high as 350.

As for the server settign thing, i thought it was that but it said admin decision so i didnt know. Also, i just think it sucks that before i even play i get kicked from the server.

Lol thanks for the avatar comment, i made it in PhotoShop...really easy to make too.

Comment

Kicked for high ping admin decision is a generic BFCC message applied to a high ping setting. It is easier to auto-admin a server than to keep checking peoples pings. It is just a server side setting.

Are you using a wireless connection, where do you live, are you using dial-up?

Comment

if your ping is that crap every where look for a new isp

Comment

Working...
          X