More advanced commander strats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More advanced commander strats?

I have really started to commander a lot more....especially since my rank surpasses others and I need some commander strategies. I found out a few myself that are only for defending our main flag but nothing really relates to being a commander. Anyone have any strats? Or how bout how can I get better....I haven't gotten any better and I really seem to attribute that to not being able to pick up new strats.

I've been trying to get the commander of Paradigm Shift to give me some strats but he isn't budging.....his son is my friend. If you dont know who they are go to http://www.teamparadigmshift.com/news.php

I think they are considered the best BF2 team in the world....I know they were the best BF42 team in the world for sure though

OK, thanks for the time....
    Hope this thread might help others

Re: More advanced commander strats?

It should be possible to know your win/loss as commander.

Comment

He did not say "STATS" he said "STRATS", as in strategies.

You just need to find out what you do well at and learn to use it. Find your groove as commander. You may just need to play it more to realy find your sweet spot as it relates to how to be effective.

Comment

Commanding in bf2 shoudl be made harder, if you had a good team you could watch t.v then come back at the end of the game &amp; you still would have lots of points.<br><br>Theres not really a strat but just give supplys when asked for or you think they need them, doesn't really take alot of brain work &amp; gets boring. I think they should make commanding alot hard with morethings to do.<br>

Comment

Originally posted by Bizzare inc.
          Commanding in bf2 shoudl be made harder, if you had a good team you could watch t.v then come back at the end of the game &amp; you still would have lots of points.<br><br>Theres not really a strat but just give supplys when asked for or you think they need them, doesn't really take alot of brain work &amp; gets boring. I think they should make commanding alot hard with morethings to do.<br>
          No, they really shouldn't. There are so damn many garbage commanders out there already. They shouldn't make the success of an entire team anymore dependent on one person than it already is.

Comment

My opinion

Comment

there are many guides posted all over
              many many are good
              best strat???
              do NOT fight !!!!!!!!!!!!!
              stay alive - find a good spot - but move often
              (I look for red dots that do not move and arty every chance I get :P)
              anticpate enemy movements
              and have arty hitting before the flag it turns white
              otherwise, it takes too long to get there
              I play as engie to repair assets or spec to lay c4 at home flag
              and STAY busy - going to fridge - sure - but you are screwing your teamates

use voip (everyone said it was so bad for so long
              I NEVER turned mine on untill today)
              (I have almost 700 hours of game time)
              well - we do have ventrillo for our clan :P
              and if you can only talk to 1 squad leader, it helps alot

and here is what I HATE from other commanders
              so I do not do this to my squads
              do not send a squad off to cap a base and forget them!
              WATCH them!
              warn them of traps and armor
              I ALWAYS scan and UAV and then zoom and follow squads and warn them - can not tell you how times that has paid off

good hunting

Comment

When playing on Karkand my 1st order is for all squads to attack the furthest cp as it's anoying when they all spawn at hotel trying to cap it..

Comment

Yeah thanks for all the comments...made me change my overall mindset about commanding. Anyways... I do use the c4 at home base to prevent any tanks rolling up but thats really the only one ive used before. I'm glad that someone said not to leave a squad after u order them to cap a flag...although at first I thought that it was obvious, I realized that I do leave them hanging in the wind. I'll try to pay more attention that from now on.

I wish my teammates would knock out their UAV trailer more often....they seem to try to ignore me when i issue that command. =/

Comment

Working...
                  X