BF 2 used to work for me & now it wont start properly ... >

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF 2 used to work for me & now it wont start properly ... >

Ok, So im just clearing something up quickly first, i can admit that i was a bad boy & i tried to check out the cheats/unlocks thingey by unlocking new kits, but that was all, & i kindof forgot that it would probably do it also for multiplayer, & ofcourse i would Not cheat on multiplayer because theres no skill, honor Or fun in that, & its just stupid.
    I was only checking it out in single player, & it didnt even work anyhow & now my game is stuffed & i wouldnt do it again now either.

SO, i edited one of the .py files & opened it in notepad, & so for a while it always opened in notepad, until i changed the advanced properties back in my computers file types thing,
    & i uninstalled & reinstalled the game too yes.

so now its apparently fixed, but now when i ask the game to open, it goes to a black screen & you see for a second the start menu do its usual resize thing & then just as you think its booting to the start cutscene, it abruptly boots back out to the desktop..

so whats the matter with it now?

i really wish i just left it, it was fine before that, now i wont ever try out lame b.s things again, i just want to play the game normaly again, otherwise ive wasted $100, & ive got probably the most kickass game i own & have played sitting aound gathering dust & teasing me.

sorry & thanks for anyone who can help me out!!

Re: BF 2 used to work for me & now it wont start properly ... >

make sure you have the latest graphics drivers and any other drivers.

Comment

yeah it used to work just fine, just earlier yesterday it was perfect.

and as far as i know, i have the latest everything

Comment

Scan for spyware/virus or whatever, also background applications could be making it crash.

Make sure your system has not changed in any way, I'd suggest a system recovery back a few weeks/months.

You could always try a reformat, backing up anything you need to a seperate HD, external or internal. If you do not have a 2nd HD, use partion magic, to divide your HD so you can back up what you need.

Comment

how would i go about doing a system recovery back to a few weeks ago?

Comment

ok so now i cant put the 1.12 patch on anymore because it apparently just fails to patch..

do you think it could be that i dont have a patch on the game yet?

I even did a system restore back to a few days ago & it still doesnt work even after uninstalling & reinstalling everything again!

Comment

Same thing's happenning to me now...I played it earlier tonight and it crashed in game. Now when I try to start BF2, it gives me the BF2 "splasH" screen, then it goes black and does the screen refresh. Then I see my mouse pointer for like a millisecond and the game crashes to desktop with no error message.

Comment

This is happening to me as well.

I uninstalled because I had older than 1.12 so I could go to 1.2 without any problems.

Now it won't start.

Comment

Working...
                X