A rant in essay's clothing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A rant in essay's clothing...

The feeling is kind of confusion. Everyone's had it at least at one point. Well, no. You could be one of the players who's sense of gravity and tactics are flawed; retarded slightly, you would be the problem. Humans have felt it at least, it's commonly summed up into an internet jargon: "OMG! WTF! Bull! Noob! BS!" ... etc. etc.

Up until about 5 minutes ago I figured myself completely immune to the effect. I always looked at it as, " Ok. There are flaws in the game. Yet, my tactical mindset and realistic playstyle will come out on top more times than I get gimped". It kept my mindset pure to say the least. I was able to play... I played well. Nothing stats would reflect, yet the sense of immersion was there and I was enjoying myself. Times are a fickle things, as well as situations, and how they change...

Take today for instance. BattleField 2 mocked me. It caught me sleep, wrapped it's butt-cheeks around my nostrils, and let me know what it thinks about President Bush. I was caught off-guard... the "Stink Face" expression could have doubled as a very sick Kodak moment to some. Yet, I said it... It was forced out of me. I sat at my computer and said it, " Man... This is utter ********". Now, mind you, I was stunned. Me; the placed, calm, collective, logical gamer? "I" uttered a term of disgust for the game I always looked at as "playable" (Still do). "I", the one who constantly coined the mindset, "Yeah. There are problems, just play through it". I... Yet, I belevie I had a right. BattleField 2 picked on me today... as if to break me, as if to leave me wondering why in the hell I ever bought this game expecting anything worthwile. Why I expected... what the hell was/am I thinking!?

The situation(s) were stacked. I do know that. I could list a few; a rehash:

1. Anti-Air Sites... Oh. Lovely. Ok, I am no idiot. I'm far from a fool. I "KNOW" they don't work. Yet, I wasn't sure as to how badly they don't work. .. heck, it's not even that they don't work. They work against you. I witnessed the horrible "Middle Finger" from BF2 today. She grabed my junk, and then told me she just wanted to cuddle. She gave me a BJ, halfway through, she stopped and told me it doesn't feel right. I watched, in amazement, as my anti-air rockets turned from the stationary helo... and followed my friendly transport helo.

It was a climax for the missile. Almost is if they were programmed with the rebellion of a 16yr old teenager. He dived so lustfully into the transport helo, and exploded in all of his glory.

I shrugged. I'm a shrugger. ...and like a fool I let his brother go. My sighting had changed at this point, and I only assumed that either the transport helo had moved; IDIOT! ...had to call myself one. Well, his brother followed suit. It's almost like they were raised from birth to be rebels. The bastards.

Well, after letting the family of 12 lose from their constrictive Stinger Bays. I watched in amazement as I racked up a nice -26 in team points. I also watched as the stationary helo mocked me. Never poping flares, never tilting. He just kept his nose lined up on me at over 100m, floated, and watched as the A.A. missiles hit everything around him (friendly) but him.

...he knew. He wasn't in denial, he knew my efforts would end in vain. I should have known; idiot.

2. Anti-Tank Missile into the side of a smoking Blackhawk. Smoking Tank, Smoking APC (...yes, an APC), and into a Hummvee. None of which exploded. I wondered why... I wast running the possiblities through my mind as I was slaughted by my very "Alive" foes. Did my weapons hate me? Did they lack the abilities for combat?

...wait! They cannot lack the stopping power of Anti-Tank missiles. They have the abbility to teleport through targets. They must have the abbility to strike with some type of force!? I guess they are selective... like women? Very very EVIL women. The kinda' who work at the strip club.

...I don't know. I don't hurt, nor' do I feel a sense of anger. It's confusion. It makes me wonder. Well, it makes me wonder, "How did all of this make it past BETA? Was there even a beta?!". On top of wonder though, there is doubt. I doubt any of these issues will be fixed. Yet, I don't want to bring the rest of you down to my level. It's my fault for thinking that I had it all figured out; she had me the entire time, building me up for today.

The woman known as BF2 conspired with her mother Dice/EA, and knew what to do to break me. Give me a glimmer of hope, then break that hope with repeat... well, foolishness. It's damn foolishness! I'm not the insane one, ...although, I feel as if I just lived through the twilight zone of gaming.

...I don't know. MODs? Mods... See you guys in PRMM and POE. I suppose we are all just Beta testers, and EA outsourced that "Final" development to the Mod teams. That's it! That's my new perspecitve! Ha'! I got it!

Sneaky little EA. Sneeeeeaky. They almost broke me. I guess 50-Bucks for the base code isn't a problem. As long as I don't have to pay for the final version in the form of mods? ...crafty Dice/EA. Crafty.

{WP}Paas

Re: A rant in essay's clothing...

Wow that was quite the essay :|:

Comment

Jump on the anit-air, wait for the attack chopper to drop some flares. Once gone, let off two missiles. Then you see the missiles go towards a friendly chopper thats further away, dropping flares. Bang. Two punishments.

Yup, That BF2 bird is a bitch.

Comment

the funny part is, you get in a helicopter, and even with flares, all the missiles suddenly magically start ringing you up, EVERY time.

Comment

{WP}Paas ~ I can't even imagine how frustrating it must have been to see something like that. Seriously I would have broken something close by after something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by C4Whore4Eva
            {WP}Paas ~ I can't even imagine how frustrating it must have been to see something like that. Seriously I would have broken something close by after something like that.
            I have to go buy a new brain, and sense of logic. BF2 managed to break BOTH of those.

{WP}Paas

Comment

Haha - good stuff, man. I know how you feel, but I usually sum it up in one word.

Comment

Originally posted by {WP}Paas
                I have to go buy a new brain, and sense of logic. BF2 managed to break BOTH of those.

{WP}Paas
                I commend the fact that, that is all it did to you. Not only did it break my brain, sense of logic and understanding, but it managed to reach through the screen and break my mouse...twice. I've been forced to upgrade from a MX510, to a MX518, to finally the G5.

All due to BF2.

Comment

I feel your pain, i was doing AA work witha stinger on the beach, youknow, THE BEACH. A blackhawk with a really bad gunner started circling me.. 10 missles, none of them hit, inbetween flare drops... :S

Patch.. please, come soon.

Comment

All known, frustrating problems. I probably wouldn't have bothered to read the whole thing except for the good use of humor.

Comment

BF2 is a harsh mistress.
                      I'm not sure what's worse, when your AA missles embark on their own secret mission of doom, or when she gets fickle and allows your missles to strike true, blowing the Cobra to nothing more than a smoking, falling husk...

That falls on one of your jeeps with 3 guys in it.

It sounds like this.. "<fsshhwup, fsshhwup> <boom> YEAAA (3tk's) AAAUGH SCREW ME!"

Comment

Originally posted by Capt_Havok
                        BF2 is a harsh mistress.
                        I'm not sure what's worse, when your AA missles embark on their own secret mission of doom, or when she gets fickle and allows your missles to strike true, blowing the Cobra to nothing more than a smoking, falling husk...

That falls on one of your jeeps with 3 guys in it.

It sounds like this.. "<fsshhwup, fsshhwup> <boom> YEAAA (3tk's) AAAUGH SCREW ME!"
                        You should have seen me. I was just all twisted up in the face, and then it came out, " Man... this is ********". I didn't scream it, I didn't moan it, I just stated an obvious fact to myself that was cloaked in denial for so long.

BF2 can be a complete, total, and utter biznatch. She's like an Ex-Girlfriend who won't die.

...and she has small boobs. Which is represented by her retarded Anti-Air. I suppose men must have made fun of her when she was in development (or what EA calls BETA). So, she got bitter, and decided to lash out at us constantly. I'm pretty sure the game works just fine for the female population.

...BF2 is just evil enough to discriminate like that.

{WP}Paas

Comment

If video games were music BF2 would be Happy Hardcore.

Comment

Working...
                          X