New Changelog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Changelog

Verhuistaxi Rotterdam ✅ Altijd Korting ✅ Vaste Ritprijs Vooraf ✅ Goedkoop Taxivervoer ✅ Al vanaf €15,00 ✅ Verhuistaxi Rotterdam voor : ✅ Taxi ✅ Ziekentaxi ✅ Rolstoeltaxi ✅ Airporttaxi...

Read carefully the bottom lines, no 64 maps in Euroforce

Re: New Changelog

Originally posted by escape_nl
    http://www.battlefield2.nl/docs/changes-1-2patch.jpg

Read carefully the bottom lines, no 64 maps in Euroforce
    BF2 was advertised 100 player MP and down to 64 when it went gold, and now with exp pack 64 is too big a number for DICE to handle.

What's next? 1 on 1 or single player only?

Comment

That means it's even MORE un-optimized and system intensive than Special Forces...GREAAAAAt.

Comment

Hmm, I only tend to play 64 player maps.

Comment

Originally posted by Talus
          That means it's even MORE un-optimized and system intensive than Special Forces...GREAAAAAt.

Knowing dice that doesnt surprise me.

Comment

Besides...no 64 player maps puts this booster pack in the 'not buying it' pile...

I don't wanna support this kind of work.

Comment

guess what, community mod such as Forgotten Hope and POE will be EVEN more of resource hog.

Comment

..but I don't PAY for those..

Comment

The changelog is almost exactly the same as the one we saw at the very begining of January. I am not impressed. What have they been doing all this time?!

No 64 player maps for Euro Force? Ok, erm?! You know what, for the first time I will wait and consider whether or not to buy this booster, the screenshots released the other day were far from impressive.

Besides...no 64 player maps puts this booster pack in the 'not buying it' pile...

I don't wanna support this kind of work.
                  I know where you're coming from with these thoughts dude, I am begining to feel the same way.

Comment

I doubt that since Euroforce will be integrated into vanilla while SF is running on top of it. Seemes like mods always use more resources ref: SF & BF1942 mods. Either way it's a shame since I also play alot of 64 player maps.

Could be that they have done this in order to provide decent performance on 1GB systems. Both vanilla and especially SF has a lot of lag at the start of a 64 player round on my 1GB system with medium settings (850MB free on game launch).

Comment

Just thought of something.

What happens when a 64 player server changes from say Dalian Plant, to Operation Smoke Screen? Do 32 random players get kicked?

Or, does the comment at the bottom of the changelog simply mean that they do not officially support 64 players on the EF maps, but it is still possible to play 64? No guarantee on performance or stability?

Comment

Originally posted by Apostle

What happens when a 64 player server changes from say Dalian Plant, to Operation Smoke Screen? Do 32 random players get kicked?

Or, does the comment at the bottom of the changelog simply mean that they do not officially support 64 players on the EF maps, but it is still possible to play 64? No guarantee on performance or stability?
                        I suggest they delay the EF release and sort it out.

Comment

So in the next expansion will it go down to 16 players online?

Comment

More legible changelog posted on frontpage of TBF2 http://www.totalbf2.com/articles/article/46/3

Comment

Originally posted by Apostle

No, it just means the size of the map maxes out at 32 players and will get crowded with 64 people on there. Look at it like this, a 64 person server can play the 32 person version of Karkand and keep the server full. The reason they don't do this is because the map is smaller and there are less vehicles to go around.

Comment

Working...
                              X