No announcement yet.

Gold badges possible without vehicles??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gold badges possible without vehicles??

Just a bit of wondering on my part here. First off, I am no 'medals freak' I don't play the game to get medals unless I really need them(ie-next rank pre-req), I just play to have fun(which I know goes against a lot of what you might think). Anyways, getting my medals so far, I have only done it via infantry, no real vehicle use(i do love Vodniks though, and if noone takes it, I will grab a tank, but generally it is just me and my 2 feet). Now, what i was wondering about was, is it even possible to rack up 40 kills without using a vehicle(or making like a dolphin/human bomb). I see some profiles and these guys/gals have all these gold badges, and I think...wow, insanely tight skills or they sit in a chopper/jet. I have cleared 30 kills on 2 occasions(both in 32 player games, no 64 player games in Korea) just with me,my gun and my 2 feet to carry me.
    I am not saying anything bad about vehicle use or pilots, just wondering if anyone has ever gotten a gold badge without running 50 or 60 kills on a chaingun. And also, how does getting 40 kills whiles driving a vehicle denote what a 'golden' medic I am??
    Just wondering...is gold possible without a vehicle??

Re: Gold badges possible without vehicles??

I havent recieved any gold medals yet as I dont have the time. But I have got 40 kills as support once as a foot soldier. So I guess it is possible, but either the server I was in was full of usless people, or I was having one of my better rounds.

Comment

Not got any of my gold infantry badges yet because I've not got the hours, but Its certainly possible if you're a good fragger adn you play on a large map (64 players) but it only has say 20 players for the whole round.

Make your life easier this way by extending the round time and giving yourself a head starts, vehicles or not, it should be fairly easy if you're a good player.

Comment

If you want to be a lame whore, be a medic on Karkand, that way you get tons of points and almost always on top...

Comment

yes - it as harder on foot
          as you simply see less enemy
          but we have a regular gold medal winner in our group
          and he gets in all ways
          foot, LAV, Tank, Helo gunner, Jet, CO
          on foot, he does medic, spec and assualt
          just kills everyone he sees
          but as you say - most often not on foot
          helo gunner is best for points
          imho

Comment

hi i got some of my badges on foot an some in a vechile,
            its just the crappy kits that i use a vechile to get my kits expert bedges.
            the easyest ones to get normal are the spec/medic i had to use a tank t oget my sniper expert,
            the hardest expert i got was knife i just joined a 64 map an drove around like a mad man an jumped out at people cause most of the time they will either jump out the way or just go prone,
            so most of the time it was quite easy t okill some of em,
            but it took a long while to get my knife kills up 100 so i could go for my expert,
            at the moment im tryin for my pistol which seems to be takin for ever as i need 150+ more kills b4 i can try for it.
            if any body got ideas or tips on how to make this a bit easyer to get i would be thank full :P
            an no i dont want an stat padding ideas as thats a big NO NO.
            i tryed doin pistol the same way as i did knife but its not a 1 hit kill with pistol even in the head.

plus u hear alot of people sayin tank whore! my veiw on this is if the tanks there then use it,thats what its in the game for.
            if htey dont kill u an u nail alot of them does that make u a tank whore?
            hell no they just pwnd plain an simple.
            if peps dont like vechiles then dont use em or make a mod with no vechiles an go play on unranked servers then ur happy
            but foot or vechile its all part of the game.
            YOU PAID FOR YOUR GAME NO ONE ELSE SO YOU PLAY AS YOU SEEM FIT

Comment

i get gold on foot quite regularly

Comment

Originally posted by bingobones
                we're on about gold badges not gold medals at the end of the round lol

Comment

lol ok...well 40 kills on a 64 player map with maximum 20 players isnt too difficult

Comment

lol ok...well 40 kills on a 64 player map with maximum 20 players isnt too difficult
                    depends on what kit u use aswell im terrible with the engineer lol

Comment

My only gold badge was on foot, i had a REALLY good day. I dont have any bronze or silver badges :-$

Comment

Easy if you're a medic. Do you also get gold regularly while playing AT?

Comment

Assault is without a doubt the easiest to get on foot, either the G3 or the tube, both pack a helluva punch, I got mine entirely on foot, even had a CTD at 40 tickets left with 4 kills to go

Comment

Definately a half empty 64 player server is the place to go for gold badges.. the problem is.. if it's too empty, theres enough tanks/APC's and jets for everyone and then it gets harder to rack up kills (especially if youre trying to get a pistol/knife badge). But anyways what u baically need is just a really long round so go to a half empty server and have patince.

Comment

Originally posted by PBAsydney
                              If you want to be a lame whore, be a medic on Karkand, that way you get tons of points and almost always on top...
                              I was wondering about gold badges, not the medals....sorry, should have been clearer.

Comment

Working...
                              X