Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vegas help

OK this is going to be a weird request.
    I was wondering if anyone had a small avi rendered in either DV or high bit rate Divx that I could try out in my Vegas. I am having probs draging avi into the time line. Intially it was because I used a xvid codec and vegas just hates it but I also tried an uncompressed frames avi and it didnt work either. ANyone had this problems as well and got it to work? I was advised to try both of those formats ( DV or high bit rate Divx) to test out my Vegas as they should work fine. Trouble is I just formated and dont have any files of either..Anyone have any files/avi's rendered in these codecs?

If not I guess Im off to record and render some..

Re: Vegas help

I have no idea why it wouldn't accept Uncompressed but if Vegas is anything like Premiere it cannot accept DivX or Xvid.

Comment

I know it cant accept xvid. Divx it is supposed to, also uncompressed, but they just wont drag into the timeline. Its driving me bananas.

Comment

look in this thread....

Comment

Thank but Id already read it..No helpie!

Comment

are you sure? it still wont let you drag them? have u used the fourcc tool to adjust them?

Comment

Yeh I tried it, maybe I was doing it wrong or something though it seemed pretty easy from the read me file and the info in the other thread.

Originally posted by Sir. Darkstar10
              hold on ill get the link
              EDIT

open up the avic filename with the torch icon. on the top box but XVID and on the bottom one put DIVX. Then it should open in vegas
              The only options I get in the boxes are mp41, mp42, mp43 and DIV4 :hmm:

Just to be sure I read the other thread correctly and got the right proggie(tho I did click ya link) its suppose to be AVI FourCC Changer v1.00 right?

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs
                Yeh I tried it, maybe I was doing it wrong or something though it seemed pretty easy from the read me file and the info in the other thread.

The only options I get in the boxes are mp41, mp42, mp43 and DIV4 :hmm:

Just to be sure I read the other thread correctly and got the right proggie(tho I did click ya link) its suppose to be AVI FourCC Changer v1.00 right?
                You can re-name the boxes to say anything you want with 4 characters.
                I still can't get Vegas to read though, it gives me loads of conflicts and starts yelling at me to stop trying.

Comment

LOL, Im hoping Darkstar has some mysterious secret on how he it got it working. Im refusing to give up at this stage despite how often Vegas is pushing my self destruct button.

Renaming the boxes hmm ..ill try it..

Comment

yeah they give u options, but i renamed them. sorry if i didnt give good enough details. and do it in all caps, and make sure that the one that you make DIVX is the same video you look up in vegas. it worked for me at least

Comment

Working...
                    X