Will a NVIDIA Quadro FX 700...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will a NVIDIA Quadro FX 700...

Will a NVIDIA Quadro FX 700 even play bf2 on low settings? I dont care about looks just if it will work.

Re: Will a NVIDIA Quadro FX 700...

Dunno...it isn't supported, so probably not.

Just try the demo.

Comment

Try the demo lol, no i am watching a laptop on ebay.

Comment

Ah gotcha!

I would certainly not buy it with the intention of playing BF2. I have read lots of threads complaining about that chipset not working.

Comment

Quadro on a laptop?

If it's the Go700, it should work, since it's a DX9 card. Not sure how WELL it'll run, but it will.

Comment

THESE CARDS ARE NOT MEANT FOR GAMING!!!

HOW MANY TIMES DOES ONE HAVE TO TELL SOME NOOB THAT DEVELOPER CARDS ARE NOT MEANT FOR RUNNING HIGH-END GAMES ON!

Quadro cards are meant for running 3d applications such as 3dmax and CAD.

FOR THE LAST F'ING TIME, THEY ARE NOT MEANT FOR GAMING! DEVELOPERS USE THESE CARDS TO DEVELOP MODELS FOR GAMES, NOT TO PLAY GAMES ON!

IF YOU WANT A VIDEO CARD FOR GAMING, BUY GEFORCE OR RADEON SERIES.

and get your head out of your ass!

Comment

Originally posted by LBC|Jester

HOW MANY TIMES DOES ONE HAVE TO TELL SOME NOOB THAT DEVELOPER CARDS ARE NOT MEANT FOR RUNNING HIGH-END GAMES ON!

FOR THE LAST F'ING TIME, THEY ARE NOT MEANT FOR GAMING! DEVELOPERS USE THESE CARDS TO DEVELOP MODELS FOR GAMES, NOT TO PLAY GAMES ON!

lol, dumbass alert!

He never said he wanted to buy a laptop only for BF2!! Maybe he's buying one for work and he wanted to know if he could run BF2 on it to play on spare time...

Comment

FX 5500 256mb isnt supported, but it still played everything low, Textures on High

Comment

All I know is that when I originally got the game I had a ATI Radeon 9200 and now I've got the GeForce 7800. The Radeon 9200 wasn't supported and required a little tweaking to get it working (even to run stuff all on low) and now of course I run everything on high with full anti-aliasing.

I can still remember the days of no food and no nothing while I was saving up for that baby. Its worth it if you've got the money.

Comment

Slightly off-topic... but wasn't there a "hardware hack" for the GeForce series video cards that you could do to "transform" a GeForce into a Quadro? If I remember correctly, it was as simple as using a graphite pencil to connect two circuits.

Or maybe I just dreamt it?

Comment

Originally posted by LBC|Jester

having your period?
                      Calm down its not that serious..

Comment

Originally posted by The Soup Nazi
                        Slightly off-topic... but wasn't there a "hardware hack" for the GeForce series video cards that you could do to "transform" a GeForce into a Quadro? If I remember correctly, it was as simple as using a graphite pencil to connect two circuits.

Or maybe I just dreamt it?

That is correct! Not sure if it still applies but you could turn your Geforce 4 into a Quadro compatible beast with a simple trick that would open the possiblity to flash a Quadro BIOS to it.

As for Radeon cards (atleast 9700 and the like) they can be turned into FireGL cards with driver hacks.

BUT I do not think the reverse process is possible sadly enough.

Comment

Quadro FX 700 is roughly equivalent to a GeForce FX 5900 (NV35GL GPU) optimized for professional apps such as CAD (and with drivers qualified by the major vendors of those apps). Should certainly be good enough for low settings even though it will be slower than the equivalent GeForce.

Comment

Working...
                          X