Will this Video card work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will this Video card work?

Hi i played BF2 at a cyber cafe and loved the game but i got to upgrade my comp and stuff so im wondering if this video card will work descently on bf2
    ATI Radeon 9550 8x AGP 128MB

Thanks

Re: Will this Video card work?

Barely. Try one of these...

Buy SAPPHIRE Radeon 9600 Pro Advantage 100561 GR Radeon 9600PRO 128MB 128-bit DDR AGP 4X/8X Video Card - GPUs / Video Graphics Cards with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg!

Buy PowerColor Radeon 9800PRO 128MB DDR AGP 4X/8X Video Card R98-PC3G - GPUs / Video Graphics Cards with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg!

Comment

thanks alot will it lag if i buy the one i currently want? i want to play like 16 or 32 players on the net and have it work pretty well.

Comment

It'll work with most things on low. Don't expect great framerates either. I'd suggest getting a 6600gt.

Comment

Originally posted by slidero
          It'll work with most things on low. Don't expect great framerates either. I'd suggest getting a 6600gt.
          What fps will it be like 30 ish? if so thats fine in my part

Comment

6600gt will get you about average 50 fps on medium-high graphics. I have a 6600gt (with some overclocking) and am getting 50ish fps on mostly high graphics.

Comment

oooo thanks what fps will a 9550 radeon get?

Comment

Originally posted by Braheem
                oooo thanks what fps will a 9550 radeon get?
                The 9550 would be much less of a card than the 6600GT. Not even in the same class.

Comment

I honestly don't know why PHPT suggested a 9800 when you can get a 6600GT for 10 bucks more.
                  The 9550 might be able to get 30 fps... don't really know. You could try the demo.

Comment

I have a Compaq computer and having a difficult time trying to take out the case. there like little tiny circles... wel yeah i have to put more ram in my computer also i guess lol anyone know how to open a case of a compaq?

Comment

Originally posted by knghtwhosaysni
                      I honestly don't know why PHPT suggested a 9800 when you can get a 6600GT for 10 bucks more.
                      The 9550 might be able to get 30 fps... don't really know. You could try the demo.
                      If that's the case, yeah, get the 6600GT.

I've got a 6600GT on mine, works great with everything on medium except texturing (which is on high)

Just keep filtering on medium, cranking aniso up makes it choke every time you move your view much.

Comment

Originally posted by Braheem
                        I have a Compaq computer and having a difficult time trying to take out the case. there like little tiny circles... wel yeah i have to put more ram in my computer also i guess lol anyone know how to open a case of a compaq?
                        What compaq model do you have? (usually says on the front)

And usually, you just have to take out the screws on the back-sided panel, and slide the panel off.

Comment

I have a compaq pressario 7550 and i unscrewed the screws on the back but it was just the harddrive. im trying to take the case out and theres like circles non screws.

Comment

anyone know how to take out the case on a compaq?

Comment

Working...
                            X