• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Questions ... 1 suggestion one real Question

hello

1) how well do u think a system with the following specs will run BF2

Atlon XP 2600 + 512MB Ram + R9800 Pro 128MB

if graphic card was to change within a $150-180 budget which one do u suggest ..

2) can i purchase a game (bf2) from the U.S and play it here in my country (Pakistan) online ? cause i dont wanna play a pirated game and i really wanna play online with the real copy of the game .

please do comply asap and with some suggestions if possible

Re: 2 Questions ... 1 suggestion one real Question

1) ur video card will work fine, you should be able to run mostly medium settings.But i would suggest another 512mb of memory.

2) It should work yes

Comment

1) Medium-Low settings (mostly low)
      2) I THINK so, but I'm not certain.

Originally posted by -=AudigyXi=-
      1) ur video card will work fine, you should be able to run mostly medium settings.But i would suggest another 512mb of memory.
      I'm not sure if the processor will run a lot of medium settings.

By the way daejavu... Welcome to the TBF2 community!:hi:

Comment

I'm not sure if the processor will run a lot of medium settings.
        You could be right, I know somewhere i saw a guy with a similar setup.He was running 1gb of ram, and said he ran mostly high settings?

Comment

Originally posted by -=AudigyXi=-
          You could be right, I know somewhere i saw a guy with a similar setup.He was running 1gb of ram, and said he ran mostly high settings?
          ...With what Video Card?

Comment

ive seen the Benchmark gamespot.com did with theiir test and it gave very very low frames on a 9800 .. i dont wanna purchase a high card ...

Comment

No worries about your card, just your processor and RAM. Though if you upgrade your processor, upgrading your RAM shouldn't be as much of a priority.

Comment

i play chinese version of the game here in the US just fine. so a US version should work for you.

Comment

1. I suggest you run low. You can run certain things on HIGH and most on MEDIUM but it will cause you loss of FPS and its a disaster if youre on infantry level. I have a P4 3.0/512 dual channel RAM/128 ATI Radeon 9550SE and I run most stuff on low. I can successfully play infantry combat on 64 player servers. You CAN set most on MEDIUM, but forget choppers and infantry. Youre only going to do any good on a jet and a harder ground hardware like cars, APCs, tanks.

2. I dont think BF2 has any region issues, in fact I dont think any PC games these days have region issues. So no problems there.

Comment

A 9800pro will run everything just fine at medium, with some settings (not the textures of course) at high, and x2 antialiasing. I read a very good article about which settings were worth turning up in BF2 somewhere, don't remember the link though, I never had to change my graphics options...You should be able to find it easily

But you should spend your money on another 512MB RAM stick, that does a lot of good.

I have a P4 3GHz, 1G RAM and a 9800Pro 128MB

Comment

well that resolve one issue ... and just another one off the topic ..

hows the x700 in the game as compared to the r9800 ? and how much diff the 128MB card will make as compared to the 256MB one in the BF2 game ?

Comment

the increase in memory on ur card will take strain off your system ram which will take strain off your processor, which can improve how smooth yoru game plays.

Comment

aaa ... any idea abt the x700 ?

Comment

I'm not an ATI guy... :|:

Comment

I have a 9800 Pro, 1 gig of ram, and I have geometry and texture on high, view on 100%, and all other on medium, I usually get 50-60 fps.

Comment

Working...
                              X