Performance problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Performance problem

Hi I have this strange problem with battlefield 2 at the moment. Ok firstly my system spec is:
    Ati 9700 pro (not overclocked)
    asrock p4vm800 motherboard
    1 gig pc2700 ram
    p4 2.4
    160 gig hardrive
    creative audigy se
    4 meg broadband connection
    300 watt
    Ok I recently installed my motherboard the asrock and everything went fine i formated etc. So I install battlefield launch up etc but when I get into the game i notice that it seems laggy as such so I type into the command to show fps and it shows 30/40 or something and dips to 18/50 etc I find this strange as on my older motherboard ga-8siml my average fps was around 50 on med/low settings. So i figure I wil reinstall my drivers and I do so but the same problem occurs but this time my whole comp seems to freeze but I can hear the shut down noise in the background etc when i switch off the comp. Ive tryed other games and they seem fine I think maybe it is a power issue or just battlefield. But I also set my settings to really low but still get the same fps and I turn up again higher than my usual settings and stil same fps and same load time its very strange indeed. I really could use some help thanx

Re: Performance problem

I’ve had this to and going by what I read others also!

I have a top spec comp with a 10 meg connection.

The game ran perfect on top settings for months until recently after a sound issue arose where at the start of joining a game the speakers would screech and the game would freeze for 2 seconds.

After that the game would lag just as you experience.

The sound issue seems to have been fixed, (well it stopped) however the lag problem has stayed.

I thought I’d wait until this latest patch to see it that sorted it out however it has not and I’m really getting cross now.

I’ve tried anything from totally removing the game to defrag, latest updates (which I had already), changing settings of bf2.

Nothing has helped…..

Like I said, ever since that sound problem which affected many, my computer lags and stutters when I turn in game.

I’m going to contact the help team tomorrow as this is really frustrating me now.

Comment

could it be that my asrock p4vm800 motherboard doesnt support high density memory because the 1 gig stick i have is high density and i was reading some boards dont support that, could really use help thanx.

Comment

Hey Guys

I had this problem a couple days ago, and posted a thread about it. I seemed to figure out what was wrong with my system. The heatsink on my processor wasn't sitting perfectly on the processor, and thus the CPU was running a bit hot.

After remounting the heatsink with new thermal grease, BF2 ran great. Got my frames from 15-20 up to 40-80 on medium settings with a 6600gt.

I think the problem was that the CPU was throttling back from running at full power when it got warm, thus bottlenecking bf2s performance.

Give this a check on your system

Comment

Working...
        X