Sony Vegas Help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sony Vegas Help?

Alright first of all i want to explain to any admin on totalbf2 that i would have placed this in the Support thread but its not anything about sound cards, video cards, login issues, etc, but its more to the side of media so i thought i'd put it here. if its a problem then feel free to move it.

alright here's my problem. i have sony vegas 6 and for my last video i had to render it using windows movie maker, which is a big let down due to the lack of quality that sony vegas has so often given at a low file size. the videos i rendered with battlelauncher were rendered with the xvid codec, but when i go to vegas to add, edit, etc... it says "Video: Stream Attributes could not be determined."

is the xvid codec not supported or something? any help?

Re: Sony Vegas Help?

Can I just say that I'm working on a similar problem with encoding with Xvid and DivX (.avi video)
    So In the mean time use .wmv 9 to encode on the DVD quality setting at 1 Mbps CBR with audio at 96kbps and it's as good as any DivX encoder at the same quality to file size ratio.

Comment

hi I use Sony Vegas 6 too.

This should be the solution to your problem:

I like to encode in wmv so ppl don't have do download any codecs to watch my videos. But it requires more bitrate to get the desired quality.

Comment

Originally posted by XaliaS
        Can I just say that I'm working on a similar problem with encoding with Xvid and DivX (.avi video)
        So In the mean time use .wmv 9 to encode on the DVD quality setting at 1 Mbps CBR with audio at 96kbps and it's as good as any DivX encoder at the same quality to file size ratio.
        so thats a codec correct? wmv 9?

Comment

Yes, but you're have to add a slightly higher video bit rate than you would on DivX, say 500k more. (1.5 Mbps is good)
          I just tried a Divx encode with default settings and it works. So best not to fiddle with anything after you install a fresh codec.

Comment

Specific question, right. When trying to import XviD files into Vegas 6, it reports that the video stream is unknown, i can play XviD files fine and...

Comment

I had two things Driving me nuts....Not being able to import Xvid/Divx into Vegas, and having to Change the 4CC to be able to.

What started was my Computer/Vegas would not import Xvid or Divx,But My wifes computer/Veags would."Without Changing the header "4CC". WHY?? This is what bothered me.!!

I found out what the probelm was. First You need to install The Divx codec "of course". I installed the pro Trial version.Still works to decode Video when the trial is up,Just cant Encode.

The main thing is to UNISTALL "XviD video codec" this is where the conflict is, with this Codec.

You may have problems with the Audio,But just De-Mux it then import it into Vegas.

Hope this Info Helps somebody......

Comment

fourcc worked for me

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. Darkstar10
                  fourcc worked for me
                  What did you download to get the fourcc, I went to the site and I have no idea where to find fourcc changer nor what to download?? Thanks

Comment

hold on ill get the link

EDIT

open up the avic filename with the torch icon. on the top box but XVID and on the bottom one put DIVX. Then it should open in vegas

Comment

Working...
                    X