Last Minute Rant [with video]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last Minute Rant [with video]

Was playing on a server last night, to my amazement some of the most random things were happening. Unaware that Battle-recorder was running (and working)

Soon after I left, I discovered that the file was up for download. Browsing through the footage of myself I was keen to take another look at what exactly happened in that game. I took the liberty to open Fraps and get recording. Now this was a bad version of Fraps, so the frame rate is very glitchy (being recorded at 1024x768 which was the only setting available.)

Knowing me, I’ve once again got carried away in the editing process so excuse some practice effects. It turned out to be an epic, hmmmm fancy that.
    The method of capturing had no real thought at the time.

DOWNLOAD HERE (33.4 MB)

Below is a list of the key things that happened.
    1. Is your typical F2000 noobtube, get it now with no skill! btw, he got the credit for the kill so that’s Me +1 death and him +1 kill and +1 death (see screenshot)
    2. This really happened, none of this is acting and it’s just the kind of noobs you want to show off but never let them live. I did! …for a while.
    3. Is the section of footage showing unbelievable survival of hellfire "weaker than fireworks" rockets. The video will explain all. (look at the blast marks)
    4. Everything was happening in this server, when I stubble across this guy exploiting (not stat padding) he was killed, but the sad thing is, he was probably there for hours instead of actually playing the game. What a boring person.
    5. Flying jets very slowly, this noob can’t even master that.
    6. Lag, no not the editing :laugh:, but I only caught the bit where my LOCKED ON stinger missed at 4 metres due to lag, it's proven when the rocket later explodes when it hits air near the vehicle.
    7. And lastly, me flying into a parachute, nuff said.

P.S. please don’t complain about it not being a streaming video, it was difficult enough trying to compress it. :|:

Re: Last Minute Rant [with video]

lol i love noob tubers. the sadest part is i play on no FF server. so the noober wouldnt have died. at least the fun with 1.2 will be watching the noob tubers having no kills at all afterwards. i love slow flying jets vs helis.

9/10 times this has happened to me. i turned and killed the jet. and ive done a few times that im on the ground and shot the plane with a missle of some sort. be it, tank/apc or anti-tank.

which is basically why i never slow down when im flying.

Comment

I enjoyed that, Xalias! You've got to love the unpredictability of the game and those who play. This well-made compilation was reminiscent of virtually every round I've ever played ...

The text accompanying all those frustrating moments we face when playing was a nice touch. The noobtube incident, for example ... I literally never use the Assault class but I've got nothing against those who do. The only time I think they deserve to be slapped over the back of the head is in the exact situation portrayed in this video, where they use the grenade launcher as a CQC weapon and kill themselves, too. I mean, really, it's not like using the fat cow transport helo and doing a kamikaze run into Black Hawk so that you can get five kills ... this kind of thing is just annoying.

Lag can certainly be a pain in the neck ... I was hoping to see some footage of an AT Rocket passing right through a fast-approaching FAV. I absolutely hate it when that happens and I get run over half a second later.

My favourite part, though, was the Exploiters moment, because I had a run-in with exploiters just recently. I was the Chinese commander and I found them (using the Scan) repairing a partially-submerged vehicle. As soon as I found them, the artillery was on its way.

They tried it again soon after and I dished out the same treatment. So much fun! Turns out, the guy missed out on his precious badge by just two points ... which is probably why he took the time to abuse me in a subsequent round. Apparently, I was a 'total noob' for using artillery on players who 'weren't even part of the battle' and I was a 'clueless idiot' for thinking there was any other way to earn the repair badges. I won't soon forget all the ridiculous comments to which I was subjected when the guy used VOIP to try and justify his actions ... Listening to his insane ranting cleared up a lot of my confusion over why some players do unbelievably stupid things.

Again, nice video! I liked the concept very much and, time and inclination permitting, I really think you should go to the trouble of making an even more comprehensive and elaborate version for everyone's amusement.

Comment

Originally posted by John-Paul
        They tried it again soon after and I dished out the same treatment. So much fun! Turns out, the guy missed out on his precious badge by just two points ... which is probably why he took the time to abuse me in a subsequent round. Apparently, I was a 'total noob' for using artillery on players who 'weren't even part of the battle' and I was a 'clueless idiot' for thinking there was any other way to earn the repair badges. I won't soon forget all the ridiculous comments to which I was subjected when the guy used VOIP to try and justify his actions ... Listening to his insane ranting cleared up a lot of my confusion over why some players do unbelievably stupid things.
        Thats excellent. Nice one.

Downloading now...

Comment

wow John-Paul, thanks for the lengthy message!
          As I said I really wasn't trying to put anything out of the hat for editing, I just did that for the content. But if I was trying to do something like this again in the future, and if I had enough clips (come to think, this game only happened yesterday! who knows what madness I can capture) I suppose I could do a sequel to my “Lagging about” movie in BF1942 but at production quality. People seemed to like that for some reason even though it was a purely a non-setup series of events.
          I've got allot of real big stuff planned atm but for sure, it will be going on my "think about" list.

Comment

I'm not a physics fan, but I still think more people would appreciate how EA made certain weapons affect some targets more than others.

For example: HELICOPTER PILOT MISSILES. THEY ARE NOT MENT FOR PERSONNEL!!!! They are ment for armor and other vehicles. Imagine if these misile would take out a foot sodlier if the missile hit 5-10 ft aay from a guy. Well everyone would be camping these things even more!!!!! That uneffectiveness is what is encouraging HELICOPTER PILOTS to do take care of the armor and other vehicles, like they should.
            If it's not a direct hit, or within 1 ft it's not a kill...don;t expect one.

However, I do agree in the video, the guy sitting by the sandbags by the flag should have been dead when that missile landed right in front of his head. But as you saw a direct hit score a KILL. This was made so that if you are a HELICOPTER pilot, and you want an easy kill, it's not oing to happen. If you want to kill the foot soldier with the missiles, then you're gonna have to WORK for it by shooting very accurately...instead of just spraying missiles everywhere and blowing up everyone and getting easy kills.

Same with the SRAW/ERYX: NOT MENT FOR FREAKIN PERSONNEL!!!!!!!!!! IT IS MENT FOR ARMOR and other vehicles. I truly appreciate how EA has made it that when these weapons are fired against a foot soldier, if it is NOT a direct hit, it's NOT A KILL...maybe wounded but not dead. Can you imagine how mnay more noobs would be using these as primary???? This is one of the best balanced decisions EA made, but you guys expect all weapons to be uber killers.

Again, I think this effectiveness and uneffectiveness of same weapons on different targets was one of the best balancing decisions EA has made.

Comment

Originally posted by RS-Rom
              I'm not a physics fan.
              Clearly.
              In real life, those missles have a killing radius of 10x a grenade and a single missle takes out a russian tank, or any vehicle. The TV bombs also have much farther range Cobra Assault

Anyways, uber cool video. You clearly convey your points : D

Comment

ya I hate how it has to be an almost direct hit for those missiles. dam also I hate those exploiters!! DAMN THEM TO HE11

Comment

Originally posted by Major-BG
                  DAMN THEM TO HE11
                  Would'nt it be "D4MN"? lol...

Comment

Where you the heli pilot getting attacked by the USMC support guy? I loved how you messed with him and then just tea-bagged him at the end.

Comment

Working...
                    X