3 Quick Questions from a Noob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 Quick Questions from a Noob

1. How do you get down a ladder? I can get up it by looking up and pressing forward, but when I'm somewhere at the top of a ladder, I can't figure out how to get on it and go down.

2. How do you use a parachute? Regularly (Especially on the first point for Sharqi) I want to jump off of buildings and parachute. But, I press 9, and I don't see a parachute icon. Do I just tap it? Or hold it? Or double tap it?

3. (Not really a quick or easy question) How can I be a better squad leader? All I know is either accept or decline commands from commanders, and then go do them.

Ok, now understand that I'm not exactly a noob. I have about 3 months experience in CS:S, and a little over a week's experience in BF2. Currently, I have no sound or internet drivers, so I've been restricted to playing single-player with no sound. The drivers come Tuesday, so I'd like to know the answers before I get online and everyone calls me n00b. >.>

Re: 3 Quick Questions from a Noob

Originally posted by SierraHotel
    1. How do you get down a ladder? I can get up it by looking up and pressing forward, but when I'm somewhere at the top of a ladder, I can't figure out how to get on it and go down.

2. How do you use a parachute? Regularly (Especially on the first point for Sharqi) I want to jump off of buildings and parachute. But, I press 9, and I don't see a parachute icon. Do I just tap it? Or hold it? Or double tap it?

3. (Not really a quick or easy question) How can I be a better squad leader? All I know is either accept or decline commands from commanders, and then go do them.

Ok, now understand that I'm not exactly a noob. I have about 3 months experience in CS:S, and a little over a week's experience in BF2. Currently, I have no sound or internet drivers, so I've been restricted to playing single-player with no sound. The drivers come Tuesday, so I'd like to know the answers before I get online and everyone calls me n00b. >.>
    On the ladder. Just jump on to it (It's kinda hard to explain). And look down to go down.

To parachute, I just keep hitting the 9 untill the parachute realeases.

And when you're a squad leader just keep everyone organized and keep yourself alive so they can spawn on you. There's a few threads that could already help you. Just search for them.

Comment

3. Don't pilot a plane on Operation Clean Sweep and fly around doing nothing whilst the Americans have captured no spawn points. The strange thing was, they were a good squadleader before that point.

Comment

My advice would be DON'T climb down a ladder if you can help it. Jump and chute to the floor. If you really want to use a ladder (which leaves you unable to return fire) just walk onto the ladder and the computer places you at the top (double click back key to descend quickly)

To deploy a parachute sometimes can be affected by lag on the server, so tap it until you hear the chute deploy! (the sound drivers will help - lol)

You're right, not an easy question. Press (Default T) to view available commands as SL. You can ask for Artillery, supplies, UAV etc, also you can give your Squad Members commands. But remember one thing, a good SL is only as good as his squad members (i.e. if you all stick together and act cohesively)

As regards practicing:- Don't practice on ranked servers, it won't be appreciated!
        Hope this helps! Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Karesk
          3. Don't pilot a plane on Operation Clean Sweep and fly around doing nothing whilst the Americans have captured no spawn points. The strange thing was, they were a good squadleader before that point.
          Actually, that's a favourite tactic of mine. If others are willing, I'll be a Squad Leader and pilot the F15 as a taxi service and drop off team-mates at various spawn points. They jump out, parachute down to the spawn point, become squad leaders themselves, and that allows teammates to quickly capture the MEC flags. Done well, it's one of the most effective ways to ferry over teammates and get a foot-hold on the MEC islands. You can have Squad Leaders at all the flags within a very short space of time if you've got a capable team that knows what it's doing.

Comment

Thx for the help. I'll apply this to single player and hopefully have it down by tuesday.

Comment

lol to get down a latter look down and press forward or double tap forward to slide down it. to parachute keep pressing 9 and it will come out eventually. and to be a good squad leader to wat the commander wants and get people to spawn on u to help.

Comment

for parachute i just tap like crazy till i hear it open, there is also a little icon that appears on your screen with a guy in achute too. I would avoid going down ladders all together Unless they're between buildings where you cant parachute down.

Also, if your ever going down ladders, use shift and youll slide down a lot faster than just stepping down. Since you can go down faster might as well do it

Comment

Parachute is double tap (I think) to go down a ladder, look down while you are on it and double tap W to quick slide or if you are looking up double tap S.

To be a better squad leader...try to stay alive lol...

Comment

do not be a squad leader
                    be a better player first
                    then lead

Comment

To be a good squad leader: play as a squad member. You can't be a good squad leader, even with the best intentions, if you don't have some squad experience. Be on good squads, observe how they work and you'll get the idea.

But the basics are: try to be available for others to spawn on you, that is, stay alive as much as you can and don't occupy planes/attack choppers/armor. And, communicate with your squad to get the teamwork done!

Comment

1- Look down on the ladder and get close to it... I think that does the trick

2- parashute.... it sucks... you have to press 9 1000 times within the second for it to work...

3- better squad leader
                        Remember the Letter T on your keyboard.
                        Lets say you get close to an ennemy flag and want to let the commander know your going there or just want to tell your squad to get there
                        press T and the big circle states Attaque.

What I like to do in order to help out my commander with his game of chess (if he's good)
                        T => REQUESTING ORDERS.

Squad leaders MUST KNOW T

Comment

Working...
                        X