Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem connecting to account?

hiya, i'm trying to help a friend of mine to get BF2 working

basically she installed BF2 yesterday and it worked fine with v1.0, however she patched it up to 1.12 and now it won't connect to the account server, despite numerous reinstallation attempts.

she even tried downloading the old 1.02 and 1.03 patches and they connect fine to the account but 1.12 refuses to. no firewalls of anykind are in use

when i first installed bf2 a few months ago it was a bugger to get it to connect thru my mcafee firewall at first but eventually it settled down, but seeing as she has no firewalls running and the old versions do connect i dunno what to suggest

any ideas?

Re: problem connecting to account?

weird hmm i know you said theres no firewalls involved but have you though about windows firewall just incase try turning it of. Sorry if that dosnt help i cant think of anything else except for maybe if the ports changed and you ned to portforward some different ports (only if you have a router not a modem)

Comment

yeah thats all i could think of but she turned windows firewall off too and she has a modem not a router so its nowt to do with ports :/

are those servers in your signature in the US or europe? i'm quite eager to play the map packs but am having trouble finding populated servers running them

Comment

Originally posted by el_dext0r
        yeah thats all i could think of but she turned windows firewall off too and she has a modem not a router so its nowt to do with ports :/

are those servers in your signature in the US or europe? i'm quite eager to play the map packs but am having trouble finding populated servers running them
        There us based but have been very empty lately if you give me half an hour though id be willing to have a game with you and if we stay on long enough some people could join.

Comment

Working...
        X