My belief/theory that I'd like proved/disproved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My belief/theory that I'd like proved/disproved

Heya. We've all seen where we shoot someone and you see a puff of smoke but no hit was seen in the crosshair.

You've also heard a distinct thud sound...the same that you hear when you get shot....normally by teammates and yet you take no damage.

Most say it's lag....however, I thought it was something else. I am not sure if I am correct.

I have always thought that this thud and puff of smoke is when it hits the armor of the person...hence no damage registers.

If it was lag, then why would you hear yourself getting shot and not just the shooter?

Re: My belief/theory that I'd like proved/disproved

Same, but amoured kits, correct me if i'm wrong, take a third of the damage off the weapon you were hit by. The armour isn't like rainbow six raven shield if you've ever played it. I have the same situation sometimes, I get hit, but no damage.

Also, what else is wierd is that when i knifed this guy's face, with dust flying out like a volcano, he didn't die!

Comment

This has happened to me a few times, i've been sniping and i've hit someone in the head .... seen a puff of smoke come from their head, but no kill. It has happened to me from pretty close range so i'm 100% sure i hit them in the head, however it hit them in the helmet, so as you say i think that sometimes when you hit people in their armour it doesn't count as a hit for some unknown reason!

Comment

Dam for the second (bloody webstie didnt post my last post) Its nothing to d o with armour ive been a medic (medics have no armour) and had the exact same thing happen to me ive also shot enemy medics and the same things has happend. Its just crappy hit detection in the game abit like when you fire a missle and it goes straight through a vehicals and blows up on the other side.

Comment

I have vid of some lamer sniper trying to TK me.
          Dude wanted a Blackhawk, I guess.
          He shoots me in the back, there's a puff of smoke, but I took no damage. You can actually see me spin around reacting to the shot in-game too.

The kicker is the same guy tried to shoot me out of a blackhawk twice... but he didn't even have an M95.

I'll clip it 'n post it if there's interest. Right now it's on my cutting room floor.

Comment

Its a result of the client side prediction, its not always in sync with what the server says is going on. Anything you see/hear on your screen is a client side visual/audio effect. Since your prediction says the guy is there, it displays the propers visual and audio cues(dust, grunts of pain, etc) where as the server goes "Uh, no." and moves on since it's logging the guy as somewhere not where you're shooting, but always close. If you didnt get the X around the crosshair, then you didn't hit. This can easily happen even with a low ping. The only exception I've seen to this rule is when shooting teammates with FF on it doesn't display the X for hits, but I dunno why it does that.

Comment

Aight, thanks guys. I was hoping it was the armor.

Comment

Armor is just a buzzword, not an actual thing. The class simply has more hitpoints than those without.

Comment

Working...
                X