How much it has changed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much it has changed!

Not that its bad, its just funny because I decided to watch the old gameplay trailers for BF2 and immediately you notice differences :laugh:.

Watch the old trailors Here.

On karkand there is a sandbox pit thing where now, there is none. The kits also show the actual gun beside it (Why did they take that out?). The overall tank HUD is changed. And I remember the old Tank sounds from pre-1.03 patch. However there is a TOW missile, M249 SAW, and Eryx sound I have never heard before, that sound better than the current ones. Hit indicators are different as well, and Gulf of Oman map is totally different (Air Combat video) and there was AA on Gulf of Oman. Interesting to see all the changes.

Re: How much it has changed!

Originally posted by Sir. Swanston
    Not that its bad, its just funny because I decided to watch the old gameplay trailers for BF2 and immediately you notice differences :laugh:.

Watch the old trailors Here.

On karkand there is a sandbox pit thing where now, there is none. The kits also show the actual gun beside it (Why did they take that out?). The overall tank HUD is changed. And I remember the old Tank sounds from pre-1.03 patch. However there is a TOW missile, M249 SAW, and Eryx sound I have never heard before, that sound better than the current ones. Hit indicators are different as well, and Gulf of Oman map is totally different (Air Combat video) and there was AA on Gulf of Oman. Interesting to see all the changes.
    I love of EA claims the M203 was not designed to be used against infantry, yet they do it in the gameplay trailers?

...I also love how the game basically shows ever squad situation get decimated by one Tank/APC.

{WP}Paas

Comment

Weird seeing the kits in the BF:V style, and in the top left when it shows the kills it also has the flag next to them aswell (don't know why, but I actually like that)

The in-vehicle HUD's look better now though. Although the weapons looked more accurate then.

I also notice on Gulf of Oman there's quite a few TOW's around.

I think you should add a warning, 'Do not watch if you don't want to reminded of how things should of been'. :laugh:

Comment

the guns sounds alot.....smarter.

Like they don't all sound so boring, but very sharp and definite.

Comment

Originally posted by Loop
          the guns sounds alot.....smarter.

Like they don't all sound so boring, but very sharp and definite.
          Thats because they have a super duper $500 sound card.... But I did notice some of the sounds sounded totally different.... Like the TOW mounted on the APC sounds incredible... I'm not sure if thats because of good hardware or it was just like that before the game came out...

Comment

I think everything sounds cooler.... because they sound different. We are just used to all the sounds and different ones sound better. imho.

Comment

I want that version

Comment

Originally posted by Lugal317
                I think everything sounds cooler.... because they sound different. We are just used to all the sounds and different ones sound better. imho.
                Yes. People always want what they can't have.

Comment

HA
                  last time i saw someone shoot a tank with a gun and blow it up was tom hanks

Comment

Originally posted by RAF92_Warhawk
                    Thats because they have a super duper $500 sound card.... But I did notice some of the sounds sounded totally different.... Like the TOW mounted on the APC sounds incredible... I'm not sure if thats because of good hardware or it was just like that before the game came out...
                    I've got that super duper 500 USD sound card (X-Fi, using EAX) and things really don't sound that great on this game tbh.

Comment

MORE VIDEOS HIGHER REZ FOR VIEWING!!

Comment

I have to say, I wish the thank HUD looked like that.

Comment

I love the older vids, they're excellent.

Comment

the e3 teaser is more fake than it is real, fake explosions done in editing software, gun sounds that have been added in while editing and not used from within the game and even the tank hud is faked (all done on something like adobe after effects)

Comment

OK, you guys are all noticing the cool sounds; know what I noticed, right off...
                              NO bunny hopping! Now that's where I wish things could be the way they were.

Comment

Working...
                              X