New badge missing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New badge missing

Although I realise from other threads that there have been stat update problems, I wanted to check this with you:

1. I obtained a badge today that I need. This was awarded in game, and my BFHQ points are up to date - but no award showing. Why would it update my global points without the award?

2. I am on 19600 points and am close to promotion at 20000 points. Should I wait until the badge has been awarded, before getting promoted, or does it not matter - It makes a rank difference btween First and Master Sargeant.

Re: New badge missing

You need the badges BEFORE the points, give it a while and see if it appears.

Comment

yea definately wait. it shud show up eventually

Comment

Yeah - I am just a bit concerned because the points are there, but the badge isn't!!! - I could understand it if nothing had been updated.

Comment

To answer the question of why...

The awards, the unlocks, and your stats are run by three different databases. Just because one updates, doesn't mean that either of the other two will. For you, the awards databse must just be lagged a bit more.

~Salad

Comment

Originally posted by SaladFork
            The awards, the unlocks, and your stats are run by three different databases.
            Oh, thanks. That's the reason then, why you are 'private' rank sometimes, but still got your unlocks. Or reverse, still your rank, but no unlocks. Heh.
            It didn't give any sense to me "stats server down" wtf? I still have unlocks'

Thanks Salad , good to know

Comment

Yes - that is a good explanation - thanks. - I always wondered why that was the case - Tonight I noticed that BF2tracker is showing my last game time as up to date, but with no extra points accrued.

This explains all of it.

Comment

Once again, you've got the useful answers.

Thanks again SaladFork!

Comment

thanks for the info

Comment

Hehe, np guys.

Glad to have helped.

~Salad

Comment

I have had every basic badge since 10 days the game came out. When I hit 20,000 points, I never got my promotion to First Sergeant. Anyone know wtf is up with that?

Comment

I got a question to ask aswell, was playing in Mashtuur city and enjoying the game, got 2 ribbons and 100+ points, they didn't get added on to my stats. So my question now is will they ever be added on? and will I get my ribbons back? If this is just a slow update progress or bug EA is experiencing it should be fixed in a day and all stats that people made added on no?

Comment

Eternal, make sure that the server you are playing on was in fact a ranked server. Unranked servers will not send stat information to the database.

CTUnit, you need to have all the basic combat badges when you hit 20,000 in order to obtain First Sergeant. If you obtain Master Sergeant at the time, it is currently public opinion that you will NOT be able to go on to First Sergeant simply by obtaining the badges.

~Salad

Comment

Yeah its ranked, its a clanserver and I don't think you can earn ribbons etc in non ranked servers or gain points. But I never play in unranked servers, also others in the server were complaining they didn't get any points, and before that I played in a different server, ranked, and it didn't give me points either.

Comment

Join a game get some points or a kill with a weapon you wouldnt normally use and then wait and if that changes on your stats it means you didnt get it. You need to wait till the end of the round and + 5 more minutes to make sure the badge has saved.

I would say get it again before 20k, combat badges are easy to get, and so are pistol and knife so just go for it again and stay in the server for a while then press ESC and check if its in bfhq when it shows as latest award then everything is fine.

Comment

Working...
                              X