No Credit Card?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Credit Card?!

Well I don't have a credit card, but I'm a loyal Battlefield 2 follower, I have the expansion pack. I bought the stuff at a Best Buy (Canada) and I really was looking forward for these booster packs to be retail...But no. Now I can't buy them, my favourite servers are getting them and I won't be able to play on them anymore because I will only get to play on core BF2 servers. This sucks, and if there is any way that I can pay through cash/check please, PLEASE inform me!
    Thanks,
    Me.

Re: No Credit Card?!

Scuttlebut says they will be releasing the Boosters via retail by selling DL Key Cards.

You'll be able to head into your local games shop and buy a card (with cash) that has a key on it that will let you DL the booster from their site. Prototype cards have already been shown via an Asian website/leak.

Comment

There have been pictures taken and shown on Korean BF2 sites that seem to confirm this.

Comment

Maybe a family member or friend can purchase the booster pack for you, and you give them the cash? Just a thought

Comment

It only makes sense... Their own internal reseach showed that 1 in 10 buyers of SF did it on-line. Even counting the drastic reduction of printing/packaging/distrabution costs losing 90% of your market base is a BAD move.

Comment

I was just reading on bf2s there that they will only be selling it in shops in certain parts of Europe (no idea of asia) where credit cards are less popular. Unfortunately Ireland and the Uk wont get it retail. :/

Comment

Originally posted by Chowley
              I was just reading on bf2s there that they will only be selling it in shops in certain parts of Europe (no idea of asia) where credit cards are less popular. Unfortunately Ireland and the Uk wont get it retail. :/
              I think they will be selling it also in Taiwan and possibley China? Since the characters on the cards are chinese also.

I hope they sell it to the english speaking part of asia also like the Philippines! hehehe I've been mentioning this in other posts related to the topic, hoping that DICE will hear my plee!

Comment

Awesome! Thanks.

Comment

All you guys have to do is get a Visa gift card. Go to a bank that offers these, give them the cash they give you a Visa gift card that has the prepaid amount on it and then you use it online.

Heres a link http://usa.visa.com/personal/cards/p...gift_card.html
                  If you want to see where you can get them click the Gift Card Locator link on that page.

Comment

Originally posted by scottyk87
                    All you guys have to do is get a Visa gift card. Go to a bank that offers these, give them the cash they give you a Visa gift card that has the prepaid amount on it and then you use it online.
                    Many of them require you to pay a percentage of the balance or a fixed fee though. KeyBank charges about $4 to activate a prepaid debit MasterCard.

Best way, really... just have someone else use their credit card to buy it, pay them cash.

Comment

Originally posted by Wargimp
                      It only makes sense... Their own internal reseach showed that 1 in 10 buyers of SF did it on-line. Even counting the drastic reduction of printing/packaging/distrabution costs losing 90% of your market base is a BAD move.
                      :laugh: Data showing that 10% of users bought their product online shows that they saved a huge amount of cash not printing / packaging, and distribution costs for those buyers. I'm at a loss as to how they lost money there, as the remaining 90% of the people buying BF2:SF paid retail....

Everyone can buy the game online for download. How hard is it to hand someone 30 bucks, and have them put it on their Paypal / credit card. Anyone with a savings account can get a Paypal account, ffs. Also, EA offers other payment methods through their store.

Comment

Originally posted by Regent
                        :laugh: Data showing that 10% of users bought their product online shows that they saved a huge amount of cash not printing / packaging, and distribution costs for those buyers.
                        Not only that, but remember the store takes a fairly large cut of it too! Games are usually about 10-15% margin, and that's after shipping costs, overhead and the like. My estimate is that the wholesale cost is about 20% of the MSRP, meaning they'd get about 25% more money per purchase just by making sure it went through them and not a retail store!

Comment

Working...
                        X