Mapping a Joystick for commo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mapping a Joystick for commo

I would like to be able to utilize the main radio (enemy spotted! Sorry I screwed up! thanks man I owe you one! bail out! etc.) with my joystick. I use the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro. I have assigned one of the buttons to main radio so the commo rose appears when I press it but I have not been able to figure out how to bind, say my joystick twist, or the hat switch, to select from the different phrases and the trigger will not execute the message when i use the mouse. So basically when im flying, if I see armor targets I cannot spot them for my team members to see on their tac map, and when I catch a team member to close to an apc that i did a bombing run on I have to take my hands off the joystick to press q and use the mouse to select sorry. Is there any way to map these functions to my joystick or am I just screwed? I find that when you do TK a friendly when bombing and you give them a sorry you are less likely to get the punish. Thanks for any help you can give.

Re: Mapping a Joystick for commo

Wahh..how many times do I have to answer this

Use JoyToKey.

and this little config file collection I made:

Here is the thread:

Comment

Thank you, I browsed and did see a post for JoyToKey but I (oh lord) assumed since you were talking about an xbox joystick that it wouldnt work for a logitech. Thats what happens when one assumes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks for the help though.

Comment

Make sure to let me know if it works for you.

Comment

Thanks Talus it did work. One thing I learned though that I can pass along. When I got my joystick and mapped the buttons and axis' I did that in the secondary buttons instead of the primary. after I got the joytokey setup and went ingame and got into a jet it was hypersensetive. It was as if I were moving the mouse AND the joystick while I was flying. And also when I hit the radio key and moved my joystick to the appropriate command (Sorry I screwed up!) the jet also turned. What I did to correct this was to go back to my key mapping, erase the primary and secondary controls in the airplane controls only the remapped the joystick controls in the primary and left the secondary blank and that solved the problem. I can now press a button on the base of my joystick to bring up the rose, and pull the trigger to spot armor, jets, choppers, etc. and I can move the joystick around to a message (sorry, thanks, etc.) without the jet reacting. This is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for your help, if anyone needs help working with joytokey refer them to me either in post or in pm and I will be glad to help them as it took me about 45 mins of playing with it before I figured out what they were trying to say in the readme file. Once again thanks.

Comment

Yeah, that readme file sucks.

I've become quite a JoyToKey expert...amazing program.

Comment

awesome info, thank you both.

Comment

Working...
              X