Flag Idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flag Idea

I think, certainly on 64 player maps, there should be a LOT more flags.

As the main reason most people like Karkand is because the first two straight forward flags. All you have to do is sit there and wait where the enemy HAS to come down either one or the other roads.

Its not about how cool the area where the flag is, its about how easy it is to walk from one flag to another.

Imagine a flag left of the square right at the bottom of the hill from the suburb flag.

Like so:

Obviously more flags than that but that one is a good example of what I mean.

Red lines for routes to the flag. Blue boxes, good cover and areas where there will be gunfights. Alot of the action would take place behind all those houses and in the bushes.

I just feel alot of each map are really wasted because you dont get random firefights out in the middle of nowhere. As nobody goes anywhere that isnt near a spawn point. So if there are more spawn points I feel things would be less repetative and more strategic. Especially when you can just run to each one and make progress.

At least in a mod, you could definately change the feel and impact of each map by changing where flags go.

Or adding something that are miniflags. Or like mobile spawn points like in BFvietnam. So we can use the whole of the map and not get completely whored from every angle out in the main roads.

Just an Idea.

Re: Flag Idea

nice idea

Comment

I think that as pointless as karkand is best as being a frontal assault full of carnage, and it is easy enough for them to bypass the first two bases and have all of them easy. However i do agree that there should be more flags

Comment

Yeah it would only be for 64 players and remember mec would already have that flag at the start.

Comment

More flags?

there are why to many flags on karkand now, all u have to do now is drive around in circles on the map capping flags and u can get in the top 3.

no one is ever defending the flags.

it would be much more fun if there were (not so many) flags.
          then u would have to travel to a flag to get it,
          and u would see much more ppl defending it.

(sorry for my bad english)

Comment

Originally posted by Daz
            I think, certainly on 64 player maps, there should be a LOT more flags.

As the main reason most people like Karkand is because the first two straight forward flags. All you have to do is sit there and wait where the enemy HAS to come down either one or the other roads.

Its not about how cool the area where the flag is, its about how easy it is to walk from one flag to another.

Imagine a flag left of the square right at the bottom of the hill from the suburb flag.

Like so:

Obviously more flags than that but that one is a good example of what I mean.

Red lines for routes to the flag. Blue boxes, good cover and areas where there will be gunfights. Alot of the action would take place behind all those houses and in the bushes.

I just feel alot of each map are really wasted because you dont get random firefights out in the middle of nowhere. As nobody goes anywhere that isnt near a spawn point. So if there are more spawn points I feel things would be less repetative and more strategic. Especially when you can just run to each one and make progress.

At least in a mod, you could definately change the feel and impact of each map by changing where flags go.

Or adding something that are miniflags. Or like mobile spawn points like in BFvietnam. So we can use the whole of the map and not get completely whored from every angle out in the main roads.

Just an Idea.

If i read your thoughts correctly, I dont think your simply looking for more flags, but a narrower combat area and a linear flag distribution for a more regulated combat progress. Supplyline type of battle.

Comment

i like it. somewhere around 3-5 more flags per map?

Comment

Originally posted by CombatTroll9
                More flags?

there are why to many flags on karkand now, all u have to do now is drive around in circles on the map capping flags and u can get in the top 3.

no one is ever defending the flags.

it would be much more fun if there were (not so many) flags.
                then u would have to travel to a flag to get it,
                and u would see much more ppl defending it.

(sorry for my bad english)
                you want less flags play on smaller maps or even better smaller maps with higher populations..Like 44 on a 32 map.

Comment

I end up in firefights all the time at those blue square areas. . .mainly after the hotel has fallen and especially after the square and hotel have fallen.

I agree that it is a great place for firefights

Comment

Working...
                  X