Ethernet Prob. Please Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ethernet Prob. Please Help!

Ok so when i play BF2 on ethernet cable connection all is well until the phone rings and someone picks up or makes a call so i lose my connection to the game I was just wondering is there anyway to resolve this and is it a normal problem?

Thanks

Re: Ethernet Prob. Please Help!

well, it could be that you are dial-up between you're computers ( which is ethernet) and i guess ur holding up the whole connection, so if someone picks up or rings someone then your connection skips straight to the ringer , get a better connection, thats the only way i cn see ur problem being fixed..

Comment

What kind of connection do you have?

Comment

Originally posted by annihilate.m4
        What kind of connection do you have?
        Well its a wireless BT Voyager 2091 router with a lovely bright yellow ethernet cable. Its a broadband connection at a speed of 1Mps

Comment

Have you installed the adsl filters onto all your phones?

Comment

BT is such a corrupt line (no offence) but first problems i had with network connection was that only 2 of the 3 pcs had internet, i messed about with the wires and setups and hardwares n all that and the problem was finally gone, i had internet on all pcs.

Comment

Originally posted by The Fury
              Have you installed the adsl filters onto all your phones?
              Yeh i did, i'm still using the old AOL ones though could that be the problem?

Comment

Well if you think there working then i doubt it

Comment

Now i'm annoyed. Just had my best round ever, a score of 81, i was in for my first ever gold with the enemy having about 50 tickets left, the BAM; "There is A Problem With Your Connection" and i get disconnected, no-one was even on the phone this time. it's times like these when i want to snap the disc in half!

Comment

I'd invest in better line filters.

Also, if your using VOIP phones they could be cutting your bandwidth to the PC when someone uses it. In that case you'd have to set up a CSMA program that would give your PC's MAC address preference on the network. Which can get complicated.

Try better line filters first.

Comment

Working...
                    X