This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laidback Crew server......

doesn't allow neutrilizing the enemie's airpower. I just got kicked for bombing the hell out of the MEC's airfield and keeping their air assets on the ground so they couldn't slaughter our ground forces. So basically, if you play to win and think the Jets are best used when countering the enemy jets then this server is not for you. I usually would care less, but lately admins are kicking people simply because they know what they are doing and do it so well that it seems somehow unfair or unbalanced, So I had to vent on this one.

Their reason was (uncappable bombing) LOL wtf, more like "playing the game the way it should be played" Whats next "entering uncappable airspace"?

Re: Laidback Crew server......

If it's a ranked server, check the new ROE and see if they are in violation.

Comment

I play on one server that has the no attacking uncap, and if you follow an airplane into enemy airspace, you'll get warned. It works out both ways though. Say your side loads into the map later, and they have a bomber up, now if you're like me, and sounds like you are, first bombing run is always the carrier/enemy airfield, kinda sucks to be on the receiveing end, so they make it to where you can at least get off the ground and have fun. I go both ways on the issue, I believe you should be able to bomb the enemy, no matter where they are, but I see the fact that planes can completely rape a main, and that makes it no fun if you're on the rapee team.

Comment

Originally posted by Talus
        It falls under accepted rented server rules,

These are rules that are not enforced upon in EA’s public ranked servers but may be modified in privately rented ranked servers. These rules are decided by clan administrators for those servers and as long as they do not contradict any global rules enforced by EA are considered valid for those servers.

This would include but not limited to:
        • § Artillery fire or bombing runs on main (uncapturable) bases may be prohibited.
        • § Prolonged or sustained attacks on main (uncapturable) bases (i.e. spawncamping).
        • § Using the Transport Helicopters to take flags (Blackhawk whoring or flag hopping).
        • § Impersonating clan members.
        • § Using C4 on jeeps, or other fast moving vehicles to take out other vehicles.
        • § Clans may change or customise rules, provided they don’t violate the above ROE rules.

Comment

Originally posted by Jones[31stMEU]
          doesn't allow neutrilizing the enemie's airpower. I just got kicked for bombing the hell out of the MEC's airfield and keeping their air assets on the ground so they couldn't slaughter our ground forces. So basically, if you play to win and think the Jets are best used when countering the enemy jets then this server is not for you. I usually would care less, but lately admins are kicking people simply because they know what they are doing and do it so well that it seems somehow unfair or unbalanced, So I had to vent on this one.
          If you want to counter jets, then wait for them to takeoff, and counter them. People who bomb the uncap bases or carriers are the worst kind of players, for me.

I have a fast machine, and I spawn 1st in 95% of cases. Very often I spawn 1st on map, and have time to get into chopper, and fly all the way to enemy base/carrier. So, on Dalian Plant (for example), I'm often able to take off from Chinese helipad and get to 500m from USMC carrier before they even spawn. If there is another guy in my team who has similar machine, he'll cap other Chinese chopper flag, take off and join me on 500m from carrier. BEFORE other guys had a chance to spawn or takeoff. Guess what - USMC has exactly 0% chance to do ANYTHING in such a round. We'd be hitting planes/choppers/AA/boats continuously (while 1 reloads, other stays and hits them, then we switch), and win by 200-0 or so.

I never rape uncap bases, and I love playing on servers which enfore such rules. I think I am good with chopper, and I will ALWAYS let enemy chopper take off from their uncap helipad, and get closer to me. Then I'll kill it, or get killed (and get my revenge on next takeoff ). Even if servers rules don't prohibit uncap base raping - I won't do it. Unless someone raped me on helipad first...

Only people who lack self-confidence about their skills will go and rape uncap bases (or Tower on Sharqi).

Comment

Originally posted by [SAJ]Sentinel
            Only people who lack self-confidence about their skills will go and rape uncap bases (or Tower on Sharqi).
            TV station is cappable, though it sucks to be the one that really wants that chopper, I have no problem with someone hoverkilling, as long as they have someone taking the flag. It just amazes me how many times people will spawn on the roof over and over and over KNOWING there's a helo there raping. It truely boggles the mind.

Comment

hi guys,
              to be honest how many people have bombed a uncappable zone!
              LOADS,
              me aswell.
              how many of you get upset after a while when your spawning on teh carrier an time after time they swoop by nailin u each time.
              if any of you said it didnt bother you gettin killed all time by jets or helis then im sorry to say ur lying as part of the game is to win an get kill/loss up to standers.
              i myself dont agree with it as in my eyes its just a form of point farming,killing the spwaners as they appear
              its like takin candy from a baby no joy it

Originally posted by Auto-ER-
              TV station is cappable, though it sucks to be the one that really wants that chopper, I have no problem with someone hoverkilling, as long as they have someone taking the flag. It just amazes me how many times people will spawn on the roof over and over and over KNOWING there's a helo there raping. It truely boggles the mind.
              yeah after the 2nd death you think it would sink in not to spawn there lol.
              i uselly change my spawn evey time i die :P

Comment

I had an issue on that server over jumping / bunny hopping as I was trying to evade several enemies @ once.... Got threatened with a ban, but they didn't go through with it.

Either way, even with 'large maps' on my filter I can still return 1200 servers, so I crossed them off the list and spend my time playing elsewhere..

Comment

Originally posted by Talus
                  Ummmmm, Yea buddy I happen to be an Admin for my Unit's Server and would never boot anyone for this nonsense. And noone ever said it doesn't bother them. It ****es me off when I'm being pounded from the Air. But you know what? I get in the air sooner or later and do something about it instead of whining for an admin to make my life easier. Suggesting pilots should fly rotations around the airfield until enemy jets get airborne to encounter them is asinine and should be tossed out the window.

Comment

I must agree with the original poster. My clan [CV] was also booted from their server few weeks ago in a very unpolite/unprofessional way. We were playing Kubra Dam, and we were pounding the crap out of their armors and we started to get kicked one by one "TKing reasons" which it was not true to begin with. As I was flying the Cobra and attacking a middle flag my gunner was booted. Then the F15's gunner and so on. Not happy with the unfairness... we joined their Team speak to ask the obvious question. And they were very much a bunch of jerks with very short answers.. they said we were base raping which it was far from the reality at that moment. Any way we said that was not true and their answer was "You wanted the answer you got your answer". finally we got also booted from their TS.

I can care less about their server and never tought on posting anything but now that I see this thread I tought I will also like to express my experiences with this server.

Comment

I played there 2 nights ago and saw them threatening a commander for bombing the carrier. Their admins spend more time b1tching then anything else… Anytime they start getting owned they b1tch. They don’t have any rules on their splash screen and I can’t find any on their website so I’m inclined to believe they make them up as they go along… So much for being “Laid Back”…

Comment

2000+ other servers out there, just pick a new one. There's plenty of servers that not only allow, but some that almost encourage it (is long as it's the only base). Hell one I play on also someone was crying about get spawncamped/baseraped, the admin came on and told him it's allowed and they should try working together as a team to beat it, guess what? They went on to cap a few flags and wound up throwing down pretty hard once they got out of the main, and only wound up losing by a couple tickets, and I bet every single player, even though they lost felt GREAT about that.

Comment

Simple solution: Play on another server. The beauty of this kind of crap is that if the admins are acting like this, people will notice...and more people won't play on their server. Before they know it, no one will play their except their own clan, and they will have a very expensive ghost town on their hands.

Comment

Originally posted by Tegan
                            Simple solution: Play on another server. The beauty of this kind of crap is that if the admins are acting like this, people will notice...and more people won't play on their server. Before they know it, no one will play their except their own clan, and they will have a very expensive ghost town on their hands.
                            The "Simple Solution" has been applied that was our first time and last playing there. The funny part we are all in my clan a bunch of old farts with age average 30's+ :laugh: so we normally like to play in servers where there are not smacktards.

Comment

Originally posted by Jones[31stMEU]

Their reason was (uncappable bombing) LOL wtf, more like "playing the game the way it should be played" Whats next "entering uncappable airspace"?
                              If you have a complaint please register on our Forums and post in the Complaints & Grievances section. Otherwise, if you don't agree with our rules against base rapers like you, please take the suggestions of these other fine forum posters and play somewhere else.

Comment

Working...
                              X