Lag and how to improve your system?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lag and how to improve your system?

I realize that the more RAM you have the less lag you will get. But what other things can I do or try to help with the lag in Battlefield 2.

My System
    Intel Pentium 4 Processor
    1GB of RAM
    2.6 Ghz. for Processor Speed
    Geforce 6800 GT 256MB

Those are just a few of my main system figures.

Re: Lag and how to improve your system?

IGN had a good article about optimizing your system. http://gear.ign.com/articles/626/626714p1.html

Comment

I Have
      4gb Ram
      250gb Hard Drive
      Duel 7800 Gt Gforce Video Cards
      Anthlon 64 3800plus

When I Start A Round I Only Lag For Less Then 10 Sec. And I Never Have Any Problems Unless Of Course The Server Is Messed Up

Comment

Originally posted by reichertc2005
        I Have
        4gb Ram
        250gb Hard Drive
        Duel 7800 Gt Gforce Video Cards
        Anthlon 64 3800plus

When I Start A Round I Only Lag For Less Then 10 Sec. And I Never Have Any Problems Unless Of Course The Server Is Messed Up
        I have 2gb ram, 1-9800 pro 256 bit 256mb and an Athlon 3000+ and I dont lag at all. Course I have to set all vid on med with no A/A. I cant beleive you lag at all with that set-up.

Comment

Regardless Of What U Have When U First Start Out Your Computer Has To Pull All The Slack Out Of The Ping So U Will Get Lag But It All Depends On How Good Your Comp Is For How Long It Lasts For

Comment

Any Thing More Then 2gb Of Ram Is A Waist Anyways

Comment

For all the nonbelievers out there: 2GB ram helps a lot. You are always first on the map because BF2 can load the map faster into the memory.
              A standard map takes up (at med/high) 1.3/1.5GB ram.
              If you have only 1GB ram, then BF2 has to write to your 'virtual memory' means the harddisk. that's what slows your system down. So BF2 has to write 300/500MB to the harddisk. thats not that bad. its only loading you think. but NO! when ur in the game, BF2 has to access that slow Harddisk of yours (even a HD on 10.000rpm is slow compared to RAM) This is the clientsided lag (the other lag is called serverlag, due to bad connections)

Have 2GB

Comment

indeed, BF2 is one of those rare games (at this moment) that actualy requires 1.5 or 2 Gig RAM (when playing at medium high) .

Comment

Working...
                X