Old Interview - Interesting Answer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Interview - Interesting Answer

The following was released on Jan. 27th in an interview. I'm not quite sure how many people picked up on this, but from what I'm reading, it's VERY good to hear:

Do you think there will be future upgrades for the both Boosterpacks, or will there be "just" another Boosterpacks, which doesn´t needs to have BP#1 or #2 to be installed?

Future patches will always be compatible with all parts of BF2, which will include SF and both Booster Packs. The Boosters are a new way to expand BF2 and are well integrated into the original game unlike the Special Forces that run separately.
    Therefore patches and upgrades will affect the Boosters as well.
    A little later in that interview . . .

An often asked question in our forums has been, "Why should I buy the BP´s, when there so many promising mods are close to release?"

The Booster Packs contain official maps that will be in the map rotation lists on ranked servers. We are happy to see that there are so many mods out there, but currently there is no support for them on ranked servers. We do however encourage people to try different mods, since they are an important part of our community.
    If I'm reading and interpreting this correctly, the new maps in the booster packs will fit seemlessly into BF2, allowing servers to run part BF2 and part EuroForce/Armored Fury maps in their rotation. No more "only BF2 maps" or "Only SF maps" (Or BF2 Server/SF Server). Am I correct in saying the new booster packs will be completely intergrated into BF2? If so, my anticipation of these booster packs just went up 5x - providing Official EA servers, as well as others make use of the awesomeness .

I'll honestly say I haven't been reading every piece of information on the booster packs, so forgive me if this was praised/discussed to no end 3 weeks ago. It's the first I'm hearing of it, and just wanted some clarification .

Re: Old Interview - Interesting Answer

Originally posted by jnick
    The following was released on Jan. 27th in an interview. I'm not quite sure how many people picked up on this, but from what I'm reading, it's VERY good to hear:

A little later in that interview . . .

If I'm reading and interpreting this correctly, the new maps in the booster packs will fit seemlessly into BF2, allowing servers to run part BF2 and part EuroForce/Armored Fury maps in their rotation. No more "only BF2 maps" or "Only SF maps" (Or BF2 Server/SF Server). Am I correct in saying the new booster packs will be completely intergrated into BF2? If so, my anticipation of these booster packs just went up 5x - providing Official EA servers, as well as others make use of the awesomeness .

I'll honestly say I haven't been reading every piece of information on the booster packs, so forgive me if this was praised/discussed to no end 3 weeks ago. It's the first I'm hearing of it, and just wanted some clarification .

Yes, the boosters WILL directly integrate into the vanilla game, they will not be a seperate program, like SF.

Comment

Yup, this is OFN.

You'll be able to run booster pack maps right alongside your regualr ol BF2 maps. The only down side is that people who haven't purchased the BPs will be kicked when they come up in rotation. This could present a problem for some servers.

Comment

So far thats how it sounds it's going to run, however this means if you don't have the booster packs and one of the booster pack maps comes up you will be kicked from the server.

Comment

Wow, that's GREAT to hear! This DEFINITELY makes the $10 price tag worth it.

As far as the kicking goes, that's not THAT big of a deal. The same went for DC custom maps, so it's all good .

Thanks for the confirmation

Comment

So nothing for the SF armies. How crap. 250 hours playing a single map to get a army medal.
            I was really hoping that on pack would be for SF to add to more maps. They are too many armies compared to the maps

Comment

I like it.

I LIKE IT ALOT!!!!!!

Comment

the servers will mostly likely say

Gameserver BF2 Ranked #11 (EuroForce)

and it will have both normal bf2 maps and euroforce maps, so just choose a server without euroforce maps on it

Comment

Working...
                X