BF2 CRASHING!!! HELP MEEEE ;-( actually all GAMES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 CRASHING!!! HELP MEEEE ;-( actually all GAMES

Hey I'm new to this game, I can play for abnout 5 minutes (basically with ANY game I have including Civ4) and I'm getting booted out. Windows XP, I have P4 2.6ghz, Asus P4C800, 1GB Corsair ram, Maxtor 100GB's Serial ATA, ATI X700 AGP video. This system RUNS PERFECT, never had any problems 0 lockups NOTHING. I cannot play video games. I have the latest ATI drivers, all the BF patches and Civ 4 patches, I have the latest DX version and windows updates. Is this because the game doesn't support my card? I wonder because Civ 4 supports the ATI X700 and it does the SAME EXACT thing which makes me wonder what is up with my settings. I'm using all the default settings too for the games. Any help would be huge. thanks

Re: BF2 CRASHING!!! HELP MEEEE ;-( actually all GAMES

what are your settings (resolution) for bf2?

Comment

deafault 800x600 crash...all default settings

Comment

crashing back to desktop or rebooting?

Comment

If it crashes on all games, it points to the 3D core of your graphics card.
          So check your card's temp and check the psu specs.

Also games usually use a lot more memory then applications, so you may want to run a memtest (Don't think this is you problem, but it's easy to do and will allow for another check on the checklist).

Comment

Yep, I had similar problem about a year ago. Back then I had Radeon 9800 Pro, and after few minutes of playing it simply crashed to desktop or sometimes it first freezed to black background and then crashed. First aid was to open side cover to improve air flow, but eventually I had to update my PC tower because our cat and baby son were too intrested about the inside. :hmm:

Comment

Working...
            X