LOL - Too great. Banned in DPG server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOL - Too great. Banned in DPG server

Sorry, I thought this was just too funny not to share. So I was in the DPG 24/7 Gulf of Oman server and I was in the MEC base blowing their UAV and Artillery. A teammate lays C4 all the way across the runway. I blew the UAV and was running across the runway on my way to the artillery and saw somebody running for the MEC Bomber.

I quickly strap some C4 on to the artillery and detonate it. I turn around and I see the bomber heading for the C4 that was laid all across the runway. The pilot, DPG Yoshi hops out when he sees the C4 and the Bomber comes to a stop after it runs him over. :laugh: I hop in, take off and say "Thanks for the bomber!", turn around and bomb the Anti-Air in the base - and killing only one person that was in the Anti-Air - and then proceeds to ban me!

I'm not really ****ed off nor do I care, but the humor of running himself over and then banning me in anger just really makes my day. Oh, he banned me for 'baseraping.'

Oh, heres a screen pre-ban:

Boy do I love BF2. :laugh:

Re: LOL - Too great. Banned in DPG server

You should be able to report the server if it was ranked i'd imagine. Its not an official rule that you can't base rape (even though you weren't) so i'd be having words if i were you.

I may not be right on this, someone who actually owns a server should be able to tell you though

Comment

baseraping is not a rule that has to be enforced on ranked servers, but ranked server admins have the right to kick you for it.

btw that DPG guy got totally owned lol...

Comment

Perfect!! I would have done the same too (not the ban the steal mec bomber part) Excellent way to rub it in!

Comment

Originally posted by x0pht
          baseraping is not a rule that has to be enforced on ranked servers, but ranked server admins have the right to kick you for it.
          But do they have the right to BAN you for it. Surely something as serious as a ban can be detrimentle to your profile and to the numbers of server available to you. I'd imagine EA having strict rules about this as people could wind up having no availabe servers to play on. I know its a long shot but it might happen. Especially if servers can become able to kick if a player has a certain number of bannings???

Comment

Originally posted by Bullit_toof
            But do they have the right to BAN you for it. Surely something as serious as a ban can be detrimentle to your profile and to the numbers of server available to you. I'd imagine EA having strict rules about this as people could wind up having no availabe servers to play on. I know its a long shot but it might happen. Especially if servers can become able to kick if a player has a certain number of bannings???
            then im not quite sure, EA's new RoE is still pretty vague in certain aspects.

Comment

Their server rules state that Base Raping is NOT allowed but it is allowed when all flags have been capped. I was, in fact "base raping" the previous round in a F-35B but it was when all our flags were capped. There were no admins, members nor Yoshi in the server during that round. The very next round I spawned as special ops to give the enemy Commander's UAV, Arty & Scan a little hell. I have to say, though, it was friggin HILARIOUS to see him run himself over. As far as being banned too many times being an issue, I've been banned 7 times since the release of the game, mostly all BS bans as I simply don't go around intentionally teamkilling.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullit_toof
                DETRIMENTAL! are you facking serious? no one cares if you got banned, it isnt like a police record. Put things into some perspective. You could have a thousand bans and still be able to play on the servers you werent banned on. There are so many servers that it does not matter if you get banned. and autobans only last 1 round on the servers i play on. i have been banned from servers a lot "because of my 1337 pwnzor haxzor ownage skills" JK, and im fine.

Comment

a lot of threads popping up on this topic. i think the server admins are getting cheesy. banning people left and right just for having been owned. like bullit_toof said ppl might end up with no servers to play on.

Comment

How is blowing up the enemy Commanders assets baseraping?

I guess some people can only handle so much humiliation lol. Not a good way for them to promote their server.

Comment

lmao...Admins in bf2 are one of a kind...

Comment

How many servers would someone have to get banned on to have "no servers" to be play on? Kicks and bans are done at the server level, not by EA. EA only logs that the ban occured. People are so paranoid about the new ROE assuming all sorts of change is going to happen. The vast majority of private servers are run and hosted by people who don't have a clue about the ROE or revised ROE. People get kicked and banned everyday, its not like a felony or DUI. People get kicked regularly for high ping. If you feel your ban was unjust, report them.

Comment

Crazy admins and their abusive powers these days.

I've also learned the lesson to never make fun of owning any admin.

Comment

What I find exceptable and reasonable...not raping with a plane. Yes Ive done it, bombed the air field and carrier many times, ..but think about how much does it suck being that guy stuck getting raped. Also, it gets boring repeatedly bombing the carrier..and your taking a game and exploiting a flaw in the faulty AA. I let planes take off, its more fun to have someone in the sky against you then weak AA.

Spec Ops, Tanks etc.. rape away. Theres always a way to attack back and it be fair to some degree.

IMO, constant air field raping is noob on the other pilots part. Usually this happens cause once the other pilot gets up the noob bomber gets shot down by him. I love those Su-34 chumps who bomb the carrier..then they eat cannon a few minutes later.

Comment

Working...
                            X