Voice Changes??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voice Changes??

I was playing Karkand the other day and was in the middle of a big firefight near the hotel. I was on the USMC side. Medics were healing and reviving as they were called.
    I noticed one of the medics, his voice was different. I am not sure how really to explain it but I thought of the British voice on the SF maps.
    I was probably hearing things but, is there a way to modify the voices?
    I know that people mess with their name colors and the sizes.
    Just wondering.....

Re: Voice Changes??

Was he commander maybe ?
    Commander has different voice

Comment

It was the commander being an idiot and not commanding! Meaning he was throwing medic bags instead of doing his job.

Comment

It could have been the commander as it was pretty intense fighting and I didn't really have time to look at my mini map. He was right there with me though as the voice was close.
        That would explain the voice difference.
        Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by SuperTyphoon
          It was the commander being an idiot and not commanding! Meaning he was throwing medic bags instead of doing his job.
          Its not that hard to throw a friggin medic bag while you wait for your arty and other stuff to reload...

Comment

Phew, there was a risk this might involve the birds and the bees.

I think certain phrases do sound as if they are different when heard from certain angles/distances. But equally the amount of times ive been knifed i must be half deaf.

Comment

Originally posted by satanbzb
              Phew, there was a risk this might involve the birds and the bees.

I think certain phrases do sound as if they are different when heard from certain angles/distances. But equally the amount of times ive been knifed i must be half deaf.
              BF2 is the strangest game I've ever played. It's like your hearing is directed on the same axis, and with the same constraints, as your vision. So many times, i've just walked up to snipers, or even sprinted up to them, from behind, and they have absolutely no clue I'm there.

Took me a long time to get used to that, because I kept expecting them to turn around, so I'd shoot them instead of knifing them, which is what I've finally learned to do more often lately.

But it feels so weird, walking up behind someone, boots going crunch crunch crunch, and he has absolutely no idea what's going on.

Comment

Originally posted by RAF92_Warhawk
                Its not that hard to throw a friggin medic bag while you wait for your arty and other stuff to reload...
                being a good commander (which MOST fail to do BTW) is more than just waiting for it to reload and dropping it somewhere.

It involves scanning the battlefield, seeing where the most enemies are, and directing your team to the flags with the least amount of players, while dropping arty and possible dispatching 1 squad to stir the pot on the front.

COMMANDERS SHOULD NOT PLAY AS A NORMAL SOLDIER.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBadBob
                  being a good commander (which MOST fail to do BTW) is more than just waiting for it to reload and dropping it somewhere.

It involves scanning the battlefield, seeing where the most enemies are, and directing your team to the flags with the least amount of players, while dropping arty and possible dispatching 1 squad to stir the pot on the front.

COMMANDERS SHOULD NOT PLAY AS A NORMAL SOLDIER.
                  amen amen amen
                  I command a little (@60 hours - 10,500 pts in Command)
                  and if the toys are busy, I am zooomed in
                  and always spotting enemy by hand
                  not an overload of 'spotting'
                  but just guys taking flags, snipers, spec ops
                  in other words - there is never time to fight if you command right
                  and I am not looking for flames from all the guys who claim they can
                  "walk and talk and chew gum at the same time"
                  of course you can, but only at the expense of paying attention to the games dynamics

I feel bad enough riding in my jeep at a home base as engineer to repair toys
                  or peeking out of command screen to blow up C4 I have laying around my home flag against raiders

in other words - Commanding is a full time job
                  be fair to your teamates
                  and BTW - a good commander almost always get a medal

Comment

Working...
                  X