Do you consider this stats padding?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Do you consider this stats padding?

I think the bigger issue is what kind of fool would put so much value on an icon that can be obtained by slaughtering many people who have as much talent as a sheep does at being a predator?

Now as for the unlockible content so one could have a fairly better/more balanced chance to slaughter/kill other players (think DAO 12, Jack hammer, MP7, L85A1, or F2000) i can see good reason which is why players will have others play a couple rounds on SF for them so they may play BF2 with these sometimes better weapons (situational).

Comment

it's not stat padding if you ask me, you are free to do with your acount what you want, you may share you acount with as many people as you want, it's your acount ,

Some can say, I can only play like 2h a week, you have some friends or brothers or whatever, you all use the same acount, so you do get some rank and points, perfectly legal .

Offcourse, it's not realy beeing a good sport in the way you say it, but I have no prbs with it

Comment

Originally posted by [Jett]-OMEGA
        Or what if you don't have much time to play each week? Or just plain sucked for one reason or another and you aren't going to get better with the amount of time you have to play the game?
        well if you just plain suck at the game then i'd suggest going out and buying yourself a copy of the sims. maybe it's more your speed.

Comment

I think it is ok for others to use your account and get badges for you.

I would never do it myself as I like to look back and think I managed to do it myself.

Having a badge to say you managed to kill 18 people with a knife in a round shows you have skill. Having a badge someone else got for you well, shows you are still not upto it.

For example my explosives expert badge. 37 Kills with c4 in one round. Even though I have it I am trying to do it again. The 1st time I did it I went mental on karkand. Trowing c4 like a madman and killing like 4-5 people per life of mine. I want to do it without killing myself...Now that would make me feel good.

Also My knife badge. I think I died like 30 times to get my expert knife badge. Since then I have tried a couple of times to get the 18 knife kills without dying so many times Its all about self satisfaction and achivment.

I think the main point here is that if it bothers an individual that someone else has badges which they did not get themselves then it seems like that person is jelous of a rank system rather than using the rank system as a form of self achivement.

Comment

Originally posted by ||bfa||variable
            Yea, having someone more skillful play for you isn't a violation of anything. Except your dignity.
            What he said....

as long as you dont play both at the same time, doubleling your hours (if thats even possible.

Comment

No. no, no, no, no, no.

Listen, who cares if someone got the knife badge for any of the other shiete the only thing that truely counts as stat padding imo is trying to get massive amounts of points fast while not being involved in a game.

I dont want some lame ass paddler being a higher rank, but whether someone has a badge they want? meh who cares.

Comment

There is no such thing as stat padding. Really, why should anyone care if you were given someone elses account with all sorts of medals, awards and unlocks, or you just sat in a server with some friends and killed and medded each other?

Basicly it is the same thing because the end result is the same. Therefore, if one is not stat padding, then the other isn't. And since the majority here believe that using someone elses account is not stat padding. Either is anything else....

The only thing that should be policed is the trainers and chams... As these are what effect other players and ruin the sportsmanship of the game for others...

Comment

Yes, it is statpadding in a sense that you increase your stats without actually playing the game.

Do I care? No. It doesn't effect the game. No way to detect it, so no point worrying about it. It cheapens the stat system slightly, but there are a lot more bigger issues.

Comment

Working...
                  X