Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has noob toobing really been eliminated in 1.2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has noob toobing really been eliminated in 1.2?

IRL the 40mm grenade has to spin a min number of revolutions before it arms but from what I have heard, noob toobing is still possible. It's just a matter of figuring out what the right angle is to bounce the grenade. I think the way it's been coded is so the projectile will only explode if it's impacted an object once, second impact=detonation. Below I have constructed a basic drawing(excuse the paint skills lol) that will explain this.

Say the distance between you and the enemy is 5 metres, thats still noob toobing but of course all this could be wrong and the grenade may still not detonate even though it has already hit an object first. This is still good though because it means you would have to master the angles (like in pool).

Re: Has noob toobing really been eliminated in 1.2?

Doesnt bother me anymore like it use to. Now i just use it against the ones who used it on me.

Comment

Well of course there will still be some toobing... you would have to take out the grenade launcher for that.

As long as they can't use it up clause I'm find with it!

Comment

But thats what Im saying, it can still be possible up close. just bounce it off the roof above

Comment

lol that so funny drawn!... n00b t00ber... enemy ...LOOOOL!

Comment

EA Games stated that "Grenade launcher projectiles now have a minimum time before arming." As far as I understand, it has absolutely nothing to do with the 'number of times the projectile makes impact'.

~Salad

Comment

Noob Tubing is not gone but it will be a lot harder to noob tube... because of the arming time

Comment

Interesting idea, unfortunately 99.9% of BF2 does not have roofed areas.

So are you saying that even if I shoot a grenade far away it doesn't detonate on the first impact? That would be rediculous, no way did they do that.

Comment

Or consider the fact that now that it bounces, you can shoot the ground near an enemy and you have a decent chance of it bouncing INTO his body.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptJordus
                    Or consider the fact that now that it bounces, you can shoot the ground near an enemy and you have a decent chance of it bouncing INTO his body.

I like that idea

Comment

The roof was an example of a surface, it does not have to be a roof it can be a wall or even the floor, we will see if it really does have to travel a minimum distance to arm when 1.2 comes out.

Comment

lol, I think the bigger question is "will people like you still cry when someone kills you with a GL, after the 1.2 patch".

The nerfing alone should make you happy, to continue to wonder if it'll be used is moronic. Its a weapon, they didnt take it out of the game -- then YES, it'll still be used. And people will figure out how to get around the nerfs, its what humans do.

No, you won't have someone round a corner and drop one at your feet, killing himself and you, or someone jumping and firing the thing. To me that should be reason enough to rejoice....so enjoy those fixes and lets hope 1.2 puts an end to the crying over it....

Comment

I think it'll be nearly useless after this patch, if the range nerf is as great as I'm lead to believe. You'll see a lot more G3s for a while and then a lot less assault players as the GL is the only thing the class has going for it.

It's new effective range is into the range at which the machine gun overtakes the m203 for effectiveness, especially since you can't jump for a better angle.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Misfit
                            lol, I think the bigger question is "will people like you still cry when someone kills you with a GL, after the 1.2 patch".

The nerfing alone should make you happy, to continue to wonder if it'll be used is moronic. Its a weapon, they didnt take it out of the game -- then YES, it'll still be used. And people will figure out how to get around the nerfs, its what humans do.

No, you won't have someone round a corner and drop one at your feet, killing himself and you, or someone jumping and firing the thing. To me that should be reason enough to rejoice....so enjoy those fixes and lets hope 1.2 puts an end to the crying over it....

You are an idiot, read the posts before you start flaming.

Comment

Originally posted by PunisherUK
                              You are an idiot, read the posts before you start flaming.
                              His post makes perfect sense.

Anyways, noob toobing will no longer be possible because it takes the grenade longer to explode. This should give you ample time to prone and kill the "t00ber". AFAIK using the GL at short distances is called noob toobing because it doesn't give the enemy a chance to shoot (meaning its unbalanced). With a longer arming time the GL will no longer be unbalanced so it won't be "noob toobing" anymore.

Comment

Working...
                              X