Line up here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Line up here.

So here's one way to solve the vehicle theft thing. Since people stand where the vehicle is going to spawn and spam "e" till their joints are sore, why not take that premise and make it a gameplay function. You go up to where the plane/tank/apc will spawn tap e once and you get a little plane/tank/apc icon. Now as long as you stay in the range of the vehicle spawn you keep your icon and are the first in line for getting in. Basically that means that when the vehicle spawns you automatically get in.

Anyone else who walks into the spawn area gets a plane etc with a line through it. aka "**** off i've been waiting longer" If they stay they simply can't get in the plane if the other person is still there.

You shouldn't be able to plane whore since if you crash and respawn someone could easily already be waiting and have tagged the plane you were just using.

Here's the down side: Not in, according to my calculations, not in 4,539,268,169,416.8 years would this be implemented because it would require a lot of coding.
    Most game patches are in the business of bug squashing, not feature implimentation.

All in all I've wasted my time writing this and you have reading it. Have a nice day.

Re: Line up here.

You can just hold the "e" key down, no need to tap it.

Comment

How about instead of waiting for planes you go out and get flags? Maybe help your team? Hilarious this community is...Its just hilarious

Comment

Originally posted by illusion987
        How about instead of waiting for planes you go out and get flags? Maybe help your team? Hilarious this community is...Its just hilarious
        A skilled pilot can make the difference between winning and losing, I would not fault anyone who has skills from wanting to use them.

Comment

Great idea! Bravo!

Comment

Originally posted by illusion987
            411 hours of ranked game play 7.73 hours in a jet if i want to wait on a plane i will its one of the features i paid for when i bought the game.

EDIT: i forgot i actually spent extra money recently on a flighstick stick to fly in bf2 .

Comment

Or just add random spoint points like Americas Army

Comment

lol, I could see guys TK'ing for the tag like a game of reverse hot-potato

Nice idea though, I racked up some decent time in Helos early on, but getting out in the map, having a nice round and then coming back to spawn to find 2-3 other teams of guys (pilot/copilot) waiting for the same helo is just crazy.

I'll stick to infantry now, no waiting in line to pwn it up with the Assault rifle / GL

Comment

Originally posted by MachineGunDave
                  A skilled pilot can make the difference between winning and losing, I would not fault anyone who has skills from wanting to use them.
                  No problem with that.

The problem is when Finger_Up_His_Ass takes the jet, and crased before getting any air under his wings. Or intentionally rams a helo or tank or tree. Or take it over a flag and bails, where there are lots of enemies, and he dies before hitting the ground.

All while the ace is standing there, thinking WTF is wrong with you? If you don't know what to do with a plane, don't take it.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBadBob
                    No problem with that.

The problem is when Finger_Up_His_Ass takes the jet, and crased before getting any air under his wings. Or intentionally rams a helo or tank or tree. Or take it over a flag and bails, where there are lots of enemies, and he dies before hitting the ground.

All while the ace is standing there, thinking WTF is wrong with you? If you don't know what to do with a plane, don't take it.

Yeah, but the queue plan wont prevent any of that.

Comment

perhaps you can introduce changes to the server-side config, whereby limiting access to aircraft to players with a certain amount of air time? or even deeper into the stats, people with a decent aircraft score, although this could present problems with new players, who would not be able to develop their aircraft stats since they can never get an aircraft :P

Comment

Originally posted by Crowned
                        perhaps you can introduce changes to the server-side config, whereby limiting access to aircraft to players with a certain amount of air time? or even deeper into the stats, people with a decent aircraft score, although this could present problems with new players, who would not be able to develop their aircraft stats since they can never get an aircraft :P
                        Thats a pretty good idea. Yeah and ur right about new players. So i just say let them take turns or something like they can't go on the chopper or jet right after they have killed themselves in one or something

Comment

Originally posted by DrMcleod
                          Yeah, but the queue plan wont prevent any of that.
                          yea sorry, can't make people better, just less whorish.

Comment

that's not a bad idea at all.

Comment

Unranked air map server FTW tbh tbh tbh tbh tbh tbh tbh and so on with the TBH spam. Unranks are ownage for choppper/air practice where you don't truely waste another players time and not so hard work.

Comment

Working...
                              X