Clear All

• Video Card Glitches - GeForce 6800 GS

My Specs are

Intel 3.2 GHZ
    GEforece 6800 GS (stock and no OC)
    1 Gig of Ram
    450 PSU (came with my Dell XPS)
    SB Live 24 Bit

I have reinstall my drives (using DriveCLeaner and everything) and have the latest drivers. But I still get the glitches shown below. And it is random. I have no clue what is wrong with my V-Card. This problem also shows up to in NFS: Most Wanted but it only pops up only once and then it goes away. Any Ideas? Thanks

Re: Video Card Glitches - GeForce 6800 GS

Originally posted by Merfolk17
    My Specs are

Intel 3.2 GHZ
    GEforece 6800 GS
    1 Gig of Ram
    SB Live 24 Bit

I have reinstall my drives (using DriveCLeaner and everything) and have the latest drivers. But I still get the glitches shown below. And it is random. I have no clue what is wrong with my V-Card. This problem also shows up to in NFS: Most Wanted but it only pops up only once and then it goes away. Any Ideas? Thanks
    It's running to hot!

Comment

Originally posted by Merfolk17
      My Specs are

Intel 3.2 GHZ
      GEforece 6800 GS
      1 Gig of Ram
      SB Live 24 Bit

those Dells cost hell a lot of money.. just advice for next pc... learn to build one yourself or buy a cheaper-brand pc that you can modify yourself easaly... and indeed if it occurs in more games your card is too hot..

Comment

Originally posted by Darksniper75
        It's running to hot!
        I'm running at Stock with no overclocking. NVIdia also has a program that lets you know when the card is overheating and I didn't recive any warning.

Comment

Anyone else got any ideas besides overheating?

Comment

Can you tell us what temp it is running at when idle and under strain(run Bf2 for 30min then check temps).

Comment

If you have a fairly new card, call for a RMA. You shouldn't be seeing that.

Comment

I remember i was getting similar things but black, when i OC my card on stock cooling, which i think it was due to overheating

Comment

Check your aperture in your bios (not sure if you can do this to a Dell). Make sure it is the same number as the amount of RAM on the card, i.e. 256MB card = 256 aperture.

Comment

Originally posted by cshot
                    Check your aperture in your bios (not sure if you can do this to a Dell). Make sure it is the same number as the amount of RAM on the card, i.e. 256MB card = 256 aperture.

I have a PCI-E v- card if that matters. So I don't think the AGP Aperture would affect me.

Comment

My mistake, I assumed AGP when you said 6800 GS. Try updating bios or return the card.

Comment

Originally posted by MonkMachine
                        Can you tell us what temp it is running at when idle and under strain(run Bf2 for 30min then check temps).
                        It runs at 49 C when it is idle and 68 when runnig in BF2. IS that overheating?

Comment

~bump~

Comment

Working...
                          X