BF2RS RoE Updated - Server Admins READ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2RS RoE Updated - Server Admins READ

The EA/BF2RS Rules of Engagement have been updated today to reflect recent issues regarding what is and what is not allowed on ranked servers. Please note these rules are more specific, and cover more topics than the previous one (especially in regards to cheating and exploiting, as well as stat padding). This RoE applies to ALL ranked servers, including privately ranked servers.

Some key points from the new RoE that you should pay attention to:
    Originally posted by EA/BF2RS RoE
    §1.3 You may not change (hack) any core games files or employ external programs or cheats for the purposes of giving yourself an unfair advantage over other players.

This would include but not limited to:
    • § Modification of Player Names which would alter their size or colors.

Originally posted by EA/BF2RS RoE
    §1.8 Players may not use or exploit game mechanisms to artificially boost their score ("stats padding") and Server administrators may not knowingly allow or encourage this activity on their servers.

• § High Points Servers

The RoE has been endorsed and approved by EA, and will be strictly enforced.

You can find the the RoE in this thread on BF2RS.

~Salad

Re: BF2RS RoE Updated - Server Admins READ

Im glad that EA has taken on these issues..

but their babysitter rule is a joke to online gaming..

Do we really need 8 babysitters before the game should start? or 10? or
    12? or whatever the # is for the 64 player servers.. Is that really necessary
    just to thwart some kids stat padding? This is a server killer. It has caused
    otherwise good admins who pay lots of money to have ghost towns..

4 players before game starts is enough, imo. If they want to stop stat
    padders soooooooooooooooooooooo bad, then they should set up a simple
    website where people can report them..

Comment

There is a forum on BF2RS dedicated to report stat padders. You can see the How to report suspected stat padders thread for more info.

~Salad

Comment

That rule regarding the blackhawks in 1.8... so it's illegal to make a Black Hawk carpet bomber, even if you're using it to go around killing the other team?

Comment

I find this last one quiet interesting...

3 LOCAL (PRIVATELY RENTED) RANKED SERVER RULES MODIFICATIONS

These are rules that are not enforced upon in EA’s public ranked servers but may be modified in privately rented ranked servers. These rules are decided by clan administrators for those servers and as long as they do not contradict any global rules enforced by EA are considered valid for those servers.

* § Artillery fire or bombing runs on main (uncapturable) bases may be prohibited.
          * § Prolonged or sustained attacks on main (uncapturable) bases (i.e. spawncamping).
          * § Using the Transport Helicopters to take flags (Blackhawk whoring or flag hopping).
          * § Impersonating clan members.
          * § Using C4 on jeeps, or other fast moving vehicles to take out other vehicles.
          * § Clans may change or customise rules, provided they don’t violate the above ROE rules.

This rule has caused alot of questions to be asked.. here is the official ruling from EA..

2.3 Commander flying instead of commanding - May NOT be enforced...

While I see the logic for it, it seems harsh to ground all commanders. It might not make for the best commander, or maybe they’re just that good, but I would hate to see someone banned from a vehicle type because of their role.

Thanks again!

- Shawn.

Comment

the rules regarding the transport choppers are ridiculous - those are game exploits, thats using the vehicles provided for their purpose :O
            very strange

Comment

Please note that section 1 rules are REQUIRED to be followed for ALL ranked servers. Section 2 rules are rules that will be followed on all official EA ranked servers (ie: 4U, ZBoard, etc.). Section 3 are suggestions for allowable rules on private ranked servers.

~Salad

Comment

Dumb question, but what are considered high point servers?

Comment

Several rules are being rewritten, like the one about blackhawk whoring.

High Point servers are those that have a small player limit, but yet play large maps.

~Salad

Comment

Originally posted by SaladFork
                    Several rules are being rewritten, like the one about blackhawk whoring.

High Point servers are those that have a small player limit, but yet play large maps.

~Salad
                    ?? why is that... you don't not stats pad or something only you have much more fun because the map take like a half hour or more and not 15 minutes.

some people like to play maps longer, like my clan.
                    and our cland doesn't stat's pad, we only love the long playing time on a map.
                    also many player who come ruglar to our server are just fine with it :hmm:

and carpet boming... is not a exploit is just nice thinking :S
                    also BH whroing... is not the BH fault but the team... who not take AT kit

I just don't understand those guys who make the rules.

sorry for my bad english

Comment

High Point servers are those that have a small player limit, but yet play large maps
                      So what are the limitations on high point servers? Ya'll at BF2RS come up the the most vague rules I have ever come across. Make specific statements please. Something like this...

You will be required to have at least 20 people playing on a 64 player map.

Comment

Originally posted by switch176
                        So what are the limitations on high point servers? Ya'll at BF2RS come up the the most vague rules I have ever come across. Make specific statements please. Something like this...

You will be required to have at least 20 people playing on a 64 player map.
                        I just hate some rules now :cry:
                        32 player server on 64 map is just nice playing you know!!!come to our server i3d.dutchgaming

84.244.131.163:16567

-={DG} DutchGamingClan.nl! - Een actieve Multi- Gaming pc clan voor NL en BE.

please rethink tre rule

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaNut
                          I find this last one quiet interesting...
                          Workaround rule:

Commanders who don't command for excessive periods of time will be asked to resign. No resignation = kick.

.... on the grounds that it's harmful to the team, just as destroying friendly vehicles wastes vehicles.

If they can evade that rule and still fly, they deserve to be congratulated. If they're commanding and doing a poor job flying, I've seen servers with rules kicking for low/negative jet scores which could also be used.

Comment

So are there accepted ranges for the maps? For example, if you have 16 -24 slots you can only play 16 player maps, 25-40 can play on 32 player maps, and 41-64 can play on 64 players maps. You guys can't just make a rule and then not tell us what's acceptable. If I have an 18 person server, can I play 32 person maps? To be honest, most 16 player maps aren't that good.

Comment

Originally posted by Terroser
                              and carpet boming... is not a exploit is just nice thinking :S
                              also BH whroing... is not the BH fault but the team... who not take AT kit
                              Carpet bombing is listed as stat padding, not an exploit.

BH whoring is an old rule that'll probably be nixed, it's from back in the days when you could fly a full BH near a flag and instacap it.

And AT kit against a black hawk? What? Do you LIKE getting filled with minigun bullets?

Comment

Working...
                              X