Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don't know how the new patch will play but we know how long it will take to install!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't know how the new patch will play but we know how long it will take to install!

Am I the only one that had to wait nearly an hour for the 1.12 patch to install? Talk about pathetic. Not only was the installer very ghetto looking, but it took an agonizingly long time download from overloaded mirrors, then install, open BF2, listen to "EA Games" being shouted for the gazillionith time (no longer an issue for me anymore :P), wait to connect to the auth servers, load map, verify client data, play for a few minutes to iron out the stutters. All in all BF2 is a patient mans game. No wonder everybody plays sniper.

Re: Don't know how the new patch will play but we know how long it will take to install!

Just reinstalled special forces myself forcing me to reinstall 1.12 patch. Other than that issue it only took 5 minutes to install.

Comment

Re: Don't know how the new patch will play but we know how long it will take to install!

Patch doesn't take that long to install...

Comment

i think he is referring to the whole process from starting download to playing. not just the patching part itself.

Comment

No, I think he's referring to the patch itself. It takes my computer around half an hour to forty minutes from double-clicking on the patch to the patch finishing. Grr!

Maybe it's because I have a Celeron, hehe.

Comment

Depends how good your computer is, it's a horrible made patch in terms of installing, many people had trouble with it, basically it's not efficient. However I installed the 1,1 patch on my brothers Acer Ferrari laptop. which took 30 mins, 1.2 would probably take 4 hours. Just leave your pc on and leave.

Comment

Re: Don't know how the new patch will play but we know how long it will take to insta

Originally posted by AsclepiusZ
              i think he is referring to the whole process from starting download to playing. not just the patching part itself.
              Both, but especially the patch process. This just compounds the whole problem.

Originally posted by HicRic
              No, I think he's referring to the patch itself. It takes my computer around half an hour to forty minutes from double-clicking on the patch to the patch finishing. Grr!

Maybe it's because I have a Celeron, hehe.
              My computer is not a beast but it's no slouch either (3ghz P4 HT, 512MB ram, Radeon X300SE)
              My specs are definitly not good enough to get all the eye candy out of BF2, but it is surely good enough to install a measily 100MB or so sized patch. I've never ever ever ever seen a patch that took half an hour or more to install no matter what the size. I installed BF2 in less time than it took to install the patch!!! Not only that, but I've never seen a patch for a MAJOR game with a horrible looking GUI. The whole thing reeks of dung if you ask me.

Originally posted by Sir. Shpox
              Depends how good your computer is, it's a horrible made patch in terms of installing, many people had trouble with it, basically it's not efficient. However I installed the 1,1 patch on my brothers Acer Ferrari laptop. which took 30 mins, 1.2 would probably take 4 hours. Just leave your pc on and leave.
              I'm glad i'm not the only one that had trouble with it. I remember when I used to install those huge CS updates back in the days before steam. The most dreaded part of the whole process was opening up fileplanet.com. I really fricking hate that website. Other than that, even the largest CS updates took only minutes to install on my 1ghz p3 PC. I'm not sure what's so special or more likely so bad about the BF2 patching/installing program but it ought to be looked into more seriously if these patches are going to be more frequent.

Comment

Working...
              X